You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The 2009 NFL Season Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Well, training camps up & running. Should be an interesting year, I think alot of divisions are up for grabs.

Figured I'd get the discussions going now!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I'm upset about Jim Johnson passing away. Terribly sad, as it seemed to run thru him very quick (less than a year for skin cancer).  Very hard to replace, his defense carried this franchise for nearly 10 years. Booby Taylor, Troy Vincent, Jeremiah Trotter, Hugh Douglass, Brian Dawkins... All Pro-Bowlers who owe alot of their career success to him. Jim had a tremendous instinct of calling the right defense at the right time. 9 times out of 10 it was a blitz. I'm not sure his succesor will be able to replicate such an natural instinct.

RIP Jim.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Ughhh, we just lost our MLB Stewart Bradley for the season from some stupid fan-night scrimmage..

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm interested to see what the pats can do this year...will they return to top form?

will the additions of fred taylor and joy galloway make a difference? will brady bounce back? should be fun smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Pats offense shouldn't be a problem.  It wasn't with Cassel, it'll be even better with the return of Brady.  It may not reach 2007 levels, but they are loaded on offense.

The big question is with the defense.  They've overhauled the secondary, which was pretty horrendous last year.  It should be much better this year. They've got a solid D-line, especially against the run. But the don't have much of a pass rush outside of Adalius Thomas. And a pass rush is SO IMPORTANT. It sets up the entire defense and can make an average secondary look great.  I don't see where they're gonna get the necessary pressure with the guys currently on the roster.  I was hoping they'd pick up Jason Taylor, but he went back to Miami.  Derrick Burgess is a possibility from Oakland but apparently Al Davis is apprehensive to deal with the Pats after they fleeced them with the Moss deal.

Overall the Pats will be fine, but I'm not sure they have a Super Bowl caliber defense.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Pats are one of the few teams which truly look pretty sturdy this year. imho Chargers could take a step back, as could the Giants or Eagles. I think Dallas most likely will not be good, prolly miss the playoffs. GB had a good year last year but can they duplicate it?  Balt & Minn same thing, hit or miss. Can Buffalo have a great season in the AFC East? Or myb the Jets or Dolphins Atlanta might be ok. And Indy is one of those teams which maybe aged 1 year too many. Should be an interesting year.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Just heard a guy say on sports radio.

This is great football is about to start.  Now instead of listening to Terrell Owens talk about scoring touchdowns, we'll get to watch him drop passes in the endzone.

I got a kick out of that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Just heard a guy say on sports radio.

This is great football is about to start.  Now instead of listening to Terrell Owens talk about scoring touchdowns, we'll get to watch him drop passes in the endzone.

I got a kick out of that.

Has anyone caught the TO Show on VH1?  What the hell is that all about?  I could only stomach 5 mintues or so.  I'm not gonna allow myself to get sucked into that mess.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I saw a few minutes by chance & it was horrible. Him & some girl were on a couch just saying "So what do you want to talk about"  "What do you want to talk about?" ..........

just terrible.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The two "friends" of his clearly love being the cause of fake TV drama. TO doesn't really have problems and training your body isn't all that interesting. Not a lot for that show to do.

Board footer