You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Definitive UYI

Furbush wrote:

Civil War
Right Next Door to Hell
Dust N' Bones
Don't Cry
Estranged
November Rain
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
Don't Damn Me
You Could Be Mine
Dead Horse
Coma

To me... the best album that would have kept them bad ass, yet showed growth and maturity...

i was very careful about the song order... i think this woulda done just that.. then come out with another ep of outtakes and whatnot 6 months later...
but this is definitely the meat...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

People always say that...but we can never agree on what to cut.

Some of my favourites are the songs people always want to get rid of!

i don't get this "if illusions were one disc" either. i really like all the songs. sure, if you want me to list my favorite 12 songs, i could do that.

but to chose 12 out of 30+ and the ones that didn't make the cut never to be heard by the public, no way.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Take out My World and I'm happy. What's not to love about 30 odd songs from your favourite band 9

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

it's a hypothetical thing... i love all the songs... but the consensus is that it is a bit overblown and self indulgent... so.. if it were to get a trim.....

AtariLegend wrote:

We still never got to hear; "The Majority", "The Plague" and "Nightcrawler" from those sessions tongue.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Honestly for me, My World, is the only thing I would remove. The closing notes of Dont Cry are so soothing, then that kicks in, its a real ugly moment sad

I could do without the wild-west saloon style piano on some of the songs though. Oh and the quotes in Breakdown ruin what could have been my very favourite song, but apart from that I love the sheer size and variety of the album.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Oh and the quotes in Breakdown ruin what could have been my very favourite song

i feel exactly the same. those quotes i could've gone without. the rest, every song there is on the discs deserves to be there.

Sky Dog wrote:

I love everything about Breakdown....

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

Garden OF Eden
Don't Damn Me
YCBM
November Rain
Estranged