You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

emcitymisfit wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

God damn, Vince can't sing at all anymore. I heard something about he blew his voice out a few years back and it never recovered, but at least Axl sings much better than Vince these days.

I think Axl S hit the nail on the head when he said "Motley shows are all about the fun". Rock, chicks, fire & reliving your youth. That's what people go for. Sure they notice his voice is off, a bit of a downer, but people go to relive the old times. Then go home to the kids, pay off the babysitter, and wake up to goto work the next morning.

All this shit about Vince when we're on a fansite for a dude that was responsible for the vocal atrocities in Rio 2001 and the 02 VMAs? Lets keep this fair and balanced, people.

And yeah, Tommy released a solo album in 04.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

I am so depressed I lost all faith in this outfit. I loved nu-gnr once now its over for me. bye

I think the secret is to modify one's own expectations.

Nothing has changed, Axl's always been known to disapear at times.  That's what's silly about this thread....there's nothing new here...the band has been operating this way since at least the mid 1990s and there's an arguement to say even earlier. Vince just figured out that Axl doesn't operate in a manner that would please everyone all the time? Part of being a GNR fan has always been accepting the problems that seem to always come along with the kickass music.

I also agree that both Vince and Axl have at times peformed at vocally less than their best, so it's silly for fans of either to be throwing stones at the other. At the end of the day i'm a huge fan of both Motley Crue and Guns 'N roses and I'm sure eventually Axl will resurface.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

A bunch of things to address...

1) Vince is the pot calling the kettle black. Letting fans down? You mean like you really weak ass voice, mumbling the majority of well-known songs like Dr. Feelgood live? You mean, like refusing to be in the same room with Tommy Lee for YEARS, even though he wanted to bury the hatchet and reunite the band? You mean like getting pissed and walking off stage during a solo set, when the fans demanded you play Crue's hits, because your solo stuff was boring? You mean like you really weak ass catalog since the 80's? Etc. etc. etc.

2) I would still take ONE Chinese Democracy over four or five Crue albums since Feelgood.

----

Now that I laid the Stone Cold stunner on Vince... i'll agree with him.

3) James I can name songs since Primal Scream. Not counting the Corabi album, If I Die Tomorrow, Sick Love Song, & Streets of LA all come to mind, instantly. The Crue is the same band they always were. A "singles band" with the occasional "album". Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, Dr. Feelgood, Crue '94... all albums. Theater of Pain, Girls Girls Girls, Generation Swine, New Tattoo, Streets of LA... all albums with 1-3 songs that are 'singles' and nothing more.

4) Vince is right, completely. He's just echoing what we've all been saying. This massive buildup for an album that was just dropped (when it could've been AT LEAST 7-8 years ago, if not 10), which makes the situation even more laughable.

5) CD imo, was not a disappointment, if you truely are an Axlite. If you loved him the most back in the day, and loved alot of his really structured Illusion songs, particularly the ballads... CD is everything you could've ever dreamed for - Use Your Illusion III. If you loved Slash, then yeah, you're probably disappointed.

6) I think we would've all liked to have seen this band, Axl included, do major promo, release singles, release videos, and just shove this thing down the throats of the public, and most probably would've at least took a bite, just out of curiosity, but it was blown, and Axl is #1 to blame. The thing is... he doesn't give a flying fuck.

7) With all this "I don't give a shit about what you want" routine with Axl that's been going since at least the early 90's, if not since he was born, it makes the internet chatting even more bizarre? Why? To save your band? To save your fanBASE? The fuckin' thing is even more dead NOW, than it was then. It almost makes me wonder if Azoff DEMANDED the damn thing.

8) It makes me think even more, a reunion is the only way to save the BRAND NAME "Guns N' Roses" at this point. Slash & Duff would love to do promo, and Slash is an instantly recognizable face to the public. It's the ONLY way Axl could have HIS WAY, and still be able to go on and make tons of dough. Me thinks, the way to lure Axl to the table, is not throw tons of money at him, but pamper his ass and schedule to such an extent that all he has to do is wake up and sing every other day for a couple months, or show up at the studio every so often, and just treat it like that in order to keep him happy. It's not crazy. Bands like Aerosmith & Van Halen have been doing it for years in order to keep a truckin' without wanting to kill each other.

...anyways, it's just depressing. I think we all would just like to see Axl operate with some normalcy. More and more I want Slash & Duff back, just to have some REAL representatives for the band.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think the take away quote is "you can't be a fan if you can't see the band'.

I mean, yeah.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Vince may have just assumed (like we all did) that a tour was imminent since DJ was added to the lineup.  That doesn't necessarily mean a tour was booked, then cancelled.  It could be as simple as Axl telling the guys to get ready for a possible summer tour.  Then things didn't work out, so rehearsals wrapped up in early May.

I think you're missing the bigger point. Axl pretty much NEVER showed up! In fact, Vince says he never did show up, but that just may be him exagerrating, but I think it's probably safe to say he rarely showed up for rehearsals. Who knows, myb DJ never did actually rehearse with Axl.

We talkin' bout "practice"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

One thing I wonder (and I've wondered this for a few weeks now), is why DJ joined the band. You would think he would call people like BBF, Brain, Fortus, Robyn, Freese etc before joining to ask 'What's it like' and for recommendations or not to join. Did people say "Dude it's awesome you get paid good money for nothing" or did they say "It sucks. You can't write, you can't contribute, you're just stuck in this band with no ability to put stuff out". Of all people, I would think Tommy has to start being fed up with it all, wanting to get out & advising others not to take the gig.

Although, now I'm wondering if DJ used the GnR gig to boost himself & his name in the way Axl claimed BH had. If DJ forms a new band in the LA Club circuit after it he can have "Feat Ex members of Guns N Roses"

DJ had nothing to lose by joining the band.  If they toured, great for him, he'd have a  chance to establish himself in the annals of the GNR history books.  If not, he's free to do his own thing, which has been the case for everyone all along.  Plus the paycheck, the chance to introduce yourself as GNR guitarist.  All good things for DJ.  I'm sure he'd rather things have worked out a little differently to this point, but in the back of his mind I'm sure people warned him that something like this may happen.  He knew what he was getting into. 

And DJ doesn't need to form a new band, he's got SixxAM.  Unless he wants more on his plate of course.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Dj says himself he's a workaholic who never stops writing. Of course he is going to fill in these dead periods with Sixx AM and other projects. But when the time comes that Axl needs him, DJ, Bumble, Richard and the others will head on back to GNR land.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I agree GNR would be the top priority.  Unfortunately though it doesn't appear anything is getting done concerning that top priority right now.  No tour, no writing, no nothing.  Guys are all busy doing their own things, planning to do their own things.  But I agree, when Axl decides it's time, he'll let everyone know and they'll come running back, at least one can hope.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

NIN is set to play their last shows in a while in a few weeks.Ashba can then be certain of one thing. He'll get the call, alright.

What he'll be told during that call is something he might wish to consider more than once...

DJ Asbha - Lead Guitarist in the GNR Family 13

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Are you saying robin would be back?

I'm not sure about that, i mean he's left axl for NIN twice now, and this most recent time was exactly when the album was launching etc...can't have gone over all too well. Although on the plus side...he does play some key parts on the album...so i can see some logic in getting him back....

although i still think DJ would suit the band far more.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'm simply pointing out a few things.

1) DJ running his mouth to Vince Neil (of all people) isn't exactly going to make Axl happy. This equals DJ's stock decreasing somewhat in the Rose household.

2) If Robin would be ready and willing to return to the GNR camp (of which we can't be sure), Axl could be interested in having a chat and seeing whether that'd be a good idea.

3) If Axl gets disenchanted by DJ's comments, the chance of reacquiring Robin would be all the more appealing.

Feel of the players aside, I'd respect Axl more if he would go with Robin, provided he'd actually have a chance to pick between the two.

Board footer