You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

Please don't compare Vince Neil's vocal capabilities to those of Axl Rose...

Just don't.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Maybe DJ wants out of his contract and Vince is lending a hand ...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I don't think DJ ran his mouth. I think it's more he may have spoke about it in passing i.e. How's the GNR rehearsals going DJ? They're going good although not seen Axl yet.

I doubt he went away bitching to SIXX AM and the rest of the Crue about Axl. It will just be something he's mentioned.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I stand corrected. Here's their would've-been tour.

03/25/09

Guns N' Roses has announced it's Uk 2009 Tour, but dates and venues are yet to be confirmed.

Guns N' Roses Tickets - 10 June 2009, The O2 Arena, Dublin - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 12 June 2009, Download Festival, Donington - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 14 June 2009, SECC, Glasgow - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 16 June 2009, MEN Arena, Manchester - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 17 June 2009, The LG Arena, Birmingham - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 19 June 2009, The O2 Arena, London - TBC
Guns N' Roses Tickets - 20 June 2009, The O2 Arena, London - TBC

Pre-book Guns N Roses Tickets online or call us at 0207 939 1200.

The UK tour went into presale. That's big. Venues of that capacity just don't fuck around with the ticket buyers. If it reaches that stage, it's almost there.

Rumored dates from February:

May/June 2009, Milan, Italy
20 June 2009, Kobetasonic Festival, Bilbao, Spain
26 June 2009, Stavanger, Norway
1-2 August 2009, Knebworth festival, UK

-CD.com

It's Summer 2001 all over again. hmm

Sky Dog wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Please don't compare Vince Neil's vocal capabilities to those of Axl Rose...

Just don't.

I agree...a bad Axl night is light years better than anything Vince can do. People push shit too far. Vince is a clown now and was a clown in the 80's.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I had never seen any of that till now. That was all just rumour BS from unreliable sites no doubt.

Sky Dog wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I would think Tommy has to start being fed up with it all, wanting to get out & advising others not to take the gig.

Nah, no way dude, why would Tommy be fed up? He'll get royalties from Chidem, he's made untold amount of money in tours and recording fees...all for Riad.

Tommy's probably made out like a bandit in all this. He can still pursue his solo project, still do whatever he wants, and his job duties are probably less than that of a WalMart greeter. Talk about a sweet retirement gig.

1. Tommy doesn't get royalties from Chidem because he is not a part of the recording agreement with the record company.

2. Tommy co-wrote Riad and Street of Dreams...most likely other unheard songs as well. He would have publishing rights for those two songs if they were ever released as singles to radio or given out to movies, commercials, etc.

3. And whoever said Tommy can't do side projects must not have been around over the past decade where he has recorded and performed with the Replacements, Soul Asylum, his other band Perfect, his solo Village Gorilla Head tour and album release, and his soundtrack writings and recordings. Tommy is always busy.

4. Personally, I don't think any of these guys are under contract anymore and are free to do what they want. If an actual tour gets off the ground, then they will be back on the payroll assuming they want to do the gig.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The thing is... if Ashba can be in the band for three months and not meet Axl once, why can't they bring Slash and the guys back? It's not as if Axl would actually have to interact with them apart from a couple of hours on stage. Let 'em stand at opposite ends of the stage glowering at each other - I couldn't give a fuck, as long as they're playing SCOM.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'm not sure what the debate here is about the band's tour plans.

Faldor - are you disputing that the band was rehearsing for an upcoming tour?

I agree that no dates were set in stone, but, it's obvious they were in negotiations to tour and were rehearsing for it. Ashba was brought in to play Robin's role for the upcoming tour.

You've all watched these vids, right?

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2 … f-bag.html

For the record, I strongly believe that Robin's parts are staying on the unreleased material. I have heard alot of talk that Ashba is recording over Robin's parts. As far as I know this is complete rubbish.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The thing is... if Ashba can be in the band for three months and not meet Axl once, why can't they bring Slash and the guys back? It's not as if Axl would actually have to interact with them apart from a couple of hours on stage. Let 'em stand at opposite ends of the stage glowering at each other - I couldn't give a fuck, as long as they're playing SCOM.

That's actually a really good point.

Actually, just put Slash in a box like Robin on the Howard Stern show.

For the record, I strongly believe that Robin's parts are staying on the unreleased material. I have heard alot of talk that Ashba is recording over Robin's parts. As far as I know this is complete rubbish.

The guy is obviously a non entity in GNR. I highly doubt he is whipping up Chinese trilogies. He probably had to google names of songs if he even wanted to know if there might be anything to do in the future.

If Finck is being erased, hopefully Ron rerecorded that stuff long ago.

I find it extremely absurd that in 2009 we rely on Vince Neil for GNR news. Maybe next year Don Rickles can drive by Axl's house and let us know the length of the grass.

Board footer