You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

I'm so pumped! I'll be trying to see them in either DC or Pittsburgh, I think. 2013 is looking like a pretty strong year for rock music.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Communist China wrote:

I'm so pumped! I'll be trying to see them in either DC or Pittsburgh, I think. 2013 is looking like a pretty strong year for rock music.

The DC show sounds fucking sweet! I might be able to get a group together for that or just a close friend and then party. I wholeheartedly agree on 2013 being a strong year. Sabbath, NIN, AIC, Daft Punk,..and so much more after that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I'm hoping to see them in Vegas at The Joint, that would be pretty sweet.

Communist China

Unrelated to any NIN news: I've been such a bad rock fan the last few years (and just a bad music listener in general) that I sort of entirely forgot NIN's Still EP was a thing. Is that something that can happen? Forgetting the existence of an album you really liked?

Me_Wise_Magic

Me_Wise_Magic

Communist China

Maybe this will sound weird for a GNR fan, but I never really like knowing the song titles far in advance of the record. It's impossible not to try to guess a little at what they're like, and usually I just end up biased against a few songs before giving them even one listen. 'The Eater of Dreams'? Really, Trent?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

ccording to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mastermind Trent Reznor took to the airwaves of Los Angeles radio station KROQ on Monday (June 24) to discuss the upcoming NIN album, "Hesitation Marks", the group's return and the recent departures of guitarist Adrian Belew and bassist Eric Avery from the lineup after just a few months. Reznor said about the latter, "It's been disruptive . . . you can spend a lot of time, like I've done, hypothesizing and imagining and projecting as to what it's going to be like with this chemistry and this recipe of people in a room playing music. And in reality, it rarely is that."

He added, "In the case of a couple people in the band, some switches were made and it's turned into something different . . . It's felt a wrench in the works at time, but at the same time it's made me rethink a lot of how we put this together and I think where we're ending up at a place that's much truer to where NINE INCH NAILS should be and better in the long run."

Asked why he kept the recording of "Hesitation Marks" a secret for a year, Reznor responded, "I still owe Interscope a greatest-hits record. There was talk about doing a couple new tracks for the compilation under the NIN header . . . I started tinkering with a couple songs for NINE INCH NAILS. I felt inspired by what's happening. A couple songs led to a couple more songs and pretty soon it was a full-fledged, 'let's make an album.'"

Reznor described "Hesitation Marks" as "much more electronic," although he added that the first single, "Came Back Haunted", is "familiar, it's very self-referential and purposely. I think that's the most like that there is on that record."

A video for "Came Back Haunted", directed by filmmaker David Lynch, could surface by the end of this week.

"Hesitation Marks", the first NIN album since 2008's "The Slip", will arrive on September 3. The album features guest appearances from FLEETWOOD MAC guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and THE WHO touring bassist Pino Palladino.

NINE INCH NAILS has confirmed a lengthy North American tour for the fall, beginning on September 28 in St. Paul, Minnesota. The band will make its live return on July 26 at the Fuji Rock festival in Japan.

Me_Wise_Magic

I can't wait to hear the rest of this album and that DC show in October I'm hoping to catch with some friends. Glad to hear some misconceptions and other info cleared up by Trent.

Communist China

The album is available for streaming free on iTunes for a limited time. You can't pick songs, but you can play it front to back and skip around. But it makes it difficult to give a quick review. I just saw it was up about 15 minutes ago so I have it playing right now. First couple songs are the ones that were already out though.

I'm sure this means a leak is out in the NIN forum world but I don't have the impatience I used to about that sort of thing, and I also can afford CDs a lot more than when I was a high schooler. I'll just wait for the release but I'm sure I'll stream it a few times now. Gotta get floor tickets to the DC show somehow!!

Board footer