You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

Did anyone pick up the Year Zero remix album? I haven't decided yet, usually I hate NIN remixes, but I don't see how these could be any worse than the actual YZ. Although 14 minutes of 'Me, I'm Not' is probably a track to skip.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Man I am so looking for this,but unfortunately I live in South-Africa where it's not easy too get hold of these kinda thing's unless you order it wich costs a fortune.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

A mate of mine just showed me their DVD.....don't dig 'em at all!!

Communist China

NIN released a new album, Ghosts I-IV, today! It contains 36 new instrumental tracks. So it's something for NIN fans, not people who like 4-5 NIN songs.

It's available digitally and physically from nin.com . Sadly, there is way too much traffic to get at it now. There's a variety of formats and you are sure to find something that fits your taste. You can even get 9 tracks for free, if that's what you're into.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Speaking of NIN - I have the rare 3 CD "We're In This Together" singles set for sale if anyone's interested.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I think Trent's exploring a much more effective release strategy for Ghosts, a model the Saul Williams album was almost the launching pad for. It got the kinks out. This is quite brilliant for what it is. I haven't been able to get at the tracks yet myself, but I've got to be honest, even as an avid NIN fan this release sort of underwhelms me. Still, I respect and support Trent, but what I'm really looking forward to is the official sequel to Year Zero.

Communist China

Von Doom, I don't think a sequel to YZ is going to happen. But maybe I'm just hoping. I have managed to get Ghosts I, which is the first 9 of 36 tracks, and it is really pretty darn cool. I'm glad the songs are short. Instrumentals are cool, and I love the ones on TF, but an album full of La Mer's and Pilgrimmage's and Mark Has Been Made's would be too long. And I like it doesn't sound as computer-y as YZ did. It sounds more NIN.

I think this release may have sunk the idea of online releases of this kind. If the media takes a certain angle (and God knows they'll only take one, so that could happen) and shows how many people tried desperately to buy and then download the album, but failed, this "Revolution" may die before it happens. Too many people couldn't get what they wanted. Many, like myself, still can't get the download we payed for.

I'm not saying the record label way works, but in this path record companies will emerge as websites that can handle huge bandwith and effeciently send out large files to many people. If I was a label exec, I would get to work making a simple, but powerful website where aritsts would have to charge to do this sort of thing.

Trent may be loaded, but even his site, nin.com , can't nearly handle the load of work it would have to do. And younger bands that can't afford to pay a big handling site like I'm suggesting, just sign them to deals that work with percentages and future earnings, and the Ruiner of music returns.

Haha, I made a TDS reference.

Communist China

I was finally able to get the download to work for me and I now have all 4 Ghosts, the 40-page pdf of photos, and a couple of wallpapers. Cool!

Communist China

NIN has sold out of their "deluxe" $300 packages. That earns them $750,000 without paid promotion or any of it going to a label. Amazing.

AtariLegend wrote:
Communist China wrote:

NIN has sold out of their "deluxe" $300 packages. That earns them $750,000 without paid promotion or any of it going to a label. Amazing.

I wonder how many Axl bought....

Board footer