You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: The Positive CD Thread

emcitymisfit wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

IRS: That bucket shred is the sort of solo that's so fast it commands some attention, and was the perfect compliment to that absolutely devistating axl high note that's the highlight of the song, to me.

its a highlight of the album if you ask me....that scream is insane and he sustains it for like 13-14 seconds ... i bet i can teven hold my breath that long let alone scream at the same time 16

also this verse has always grabbed me by the balls and shook me around....

I bet you think I'm doing this all for my health,
I shoulda looked again babe at somebody else
Feelin' like I've done way more than wrong
Feelin' like I'm livin' inside of this song
Feelin' like I'm just too tired to care
Feelin' like I've done more than my share
Could it be the way I've carried on
Like a broken record for so long
And I do

IRS is a track i've always felt got an unfair rep

back to scraped that fuck tune is intense....the bass is fucking bad ass...a bet that would hurt the hands to keep that up...the high pitched hamronizing throughout is pretty sweet as well ....

that part always gets me going Neemo. It's one of the most energetiv and hardest moments on the album.

Definitely. I hated the old IRS leaks, but the album version and the venom from those lines is pretty awesome. I heard it compared to the last few verses of YCBM, which is pretty spot on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I gave IRS a couple listens on the way to work today. You're all right on. The song is great on it's own but specifically from the "...doin' this all for my health" part on is just magic.

Franks fill at the end of BHs solo is just plain ACE.

Yeah the guitar work at the end of the song (isn't that Ron?) was a great addition from the demos.

I.R.S. is another song I liked pretty much from the get go.  For all the criticism the rockers on the album get, they're some of my favorites.

Riad is another one.  I never could get into the song from the live bootleg versions I heard but I really dig the album track.  Musically it's one of the strongest tracks.  Axl is probably the weakest link on the song, and I don't mean that as a knock on him, more props to the rest of the band.  Probably the hardest song to sing along to while driving in your car.  I don't quite have the vocal capacity to keep up with Axl on this one, try as I might.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

At first the Ron solo I didn't like the Ron solo at all because I was used to the Bucket one. But eventually I forgot what the Bucket one sounded like and when I went back and listened to the demo it sounded out of place.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Riad is one of the few I like, altho I think Rons solo sounds out of place but apart from that its a decent song with good momentum.  TWAT of course STILL owns them all, and ITW is somehow a hidden gem, BUT only because of bucket.  Had that solo not been there I couldnt see myself playing it as much as TWAT.. Just somethng about the solo that brings the whole song up a level.  I really wish it could have been a bond theme, giving it eternal exposure.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I like Ron's solo on Riad...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just drove home listening to TWaT at full volume. That entire kicks my ass from here to the whole other side of Detroit.

Goddamnit. Well done Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

Cheers.

16:haha::haha::haha:

Board footer