You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The Wrestling thread

slashsfro wrote:

Nah, I don't think he's leaving yet.  More likely he'll  wrestle HBK at WM then take a few months off.  After that he'll come back and feud with another wrestler.  Undertaker only wrestles a half schedule anyway.

When he decides to retire, you can bet that WWE will pimp the hell out of that.  He was one of the few guys who resisted jumping when WCW was clobbering WWE in the mid 1990s--along with HBK.  I think Vince always respected that loyalty.  You can bet that he'll get that Vince will give him the royal treatment when he decides to leave.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm cool with HBK, I just don't want him to become to 'go to guy' for all final matches.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Possible Rumoured matches for WM

Hidden Text:

Orton Vs HHH

HBK Vs Taker

Christ Jericho Vs Mickey Rourke(If they can get him to do it, might ahve more luck after the academy awards)/Hulk Hogan/Steve Austin

John Cena Vs Hogan/Austin(Only if they can get Rourke to do the match)

Edge Vs Big Show/Cena

Other rumour I read was Taker might do the gaunlet and face JBL,HBK and Kozlov.

Also if you haven't seen No Way Out, I reccomend you go watch it. One of the better WWE PPVs in recent months.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Boy I hope they don't do

Hidden Text:

Cena/Austin
. Austin's already stunned him before in the past, and pretty much made a fool of him, and I look at Austin as a true wrestler. Cena is a fucking joke. Cena/Hogan

would be MUCH better, considering they are the identical product to their generation.

They are McMahon creations and marketing through and through, neither of them had a lick of talent, other than mic skills.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

They are McMahon creations and marketing through and through, neither of them had a lick of talent, other than mic skills.

I wouldn't agree with you totally as Cena at least has SOME talent. Although I must agree that compared to all others in the title scene bar Koslov he pales in comparison.

AtariLegend wrote:

This is what probably will happen, from a site that's almost always right.

According to a well-placed source in WWE, the following matches are being talked about for WrestleMania 25:

- Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

- Triple H vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

- Edge vs. Big Show (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker

- Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke

- Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Regarding Hogan vs. Cena at WrestleMania, I was informed about the possibility of such a match on Monday night from a source within WWE, which is how all the Internet rumors on Hogan started. It has not yet been confirmed, but there has definitely been some back-and-forth between Hogan and the company about the wrestling legend doing the match.

If Hogan doesn't go through with the match, Cena will simply face Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania. But if Hogan ends up going through with the match, Edge will square off against Big Show as they already have a program in place.

As far as a Chris Jericho vs. Mickey Rourke match is concerned, WWE definitely wants to go through with it, but it remains to be seen whether Rourke himself comes through. Right now, Rourke is publicly saying he's not doing the match, but company officials expect him to change his mind following the Academy Awards. If Rourke goes through with the match, a boxing match is expected to take place with Ric Flair in his corner. However, WWE has a back-up plan in place should Rourke not go through with the match.

During the build towards WrestleMania, Chris Jericho will continue to run down wrestling legends. WWE is looking to do some sort of scenario where Jericho faces several legends at WrestleMania.

Source: www.Rajah.com

...And guys reading from the previous page; Austin didn't retire because he wanted to, he retired because of his spinal injury, he's unwilling to participate cause he doesn't wanna get paralysed.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, that's part truth and kayfabe on Austin's part. He overexaggerates it.

I've read interviews with him in the past where he's stated he could work full-time for another 2 years if he had to

Bottom line - Austin's popularity is frozen in time. He will only sign off and come back for an epic match that will keep his stature high. He's also older, and more out of shape.

Like with a couple years ago, the last thing you'd want to see is an out of breath, out of shape Austin, coming out of retirement for a match against Goldust & Vader with manager Jonathan Coachman. No wonder Austin walked on the WWE without word.

At this point after all these years, I think Austin's just gonna wait and hold out for that massively pushed, legendary and big money ticket - Hogan/Austin.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah I've read that in the past too. I know he retired because of his neck, but he has stated and Jim Ross has stated that he thought he had another match in him.

AtariLegend wrote:

Mickey Rourke has basically confirmed on "Friday Night With Jonathan Ross" that he won't do anything, he wanted to do the wrestling, but that everyone told him it'd be bad for his career.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. Everyone is wanting to take him seriously as an actor again, and he's back. The last thing he wants to do is join the circus that is the WWE, with such high-profile A-listers as Donald Trump, Kevin Federline, Kim Kardashian, "Pretty Boy" Floyd "Money" Mayweather, "Big Dick" Johnson, Snoop Dogg...

If Rourke wants to slit his wrists, right out of the gate in his revival... do ANYTHING with the WWE.

Board footer