You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The Wrestling thread

He also pretty much admitted to using roids to bulk up for The Wrestler as well.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well obviously. No way you could look like that, that quick, without using something extra to make it happen. Mickey's a small guy.

That'd be like Jan-Michael Vincent making a comeback, and being as big as Triple H. People would react with "bullshit".

What I can't believe is why the WWE would want to associate themselves with Rourke to begin with. The Wrestler is a really accurate portrayal of the 'slave meat' that wrestlers are treated like. One of the biggest offenders of this is Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Jr. I can't believe he'd want to back something that depicts wrestlers are steroid & painkiller junkies, who abandon their families.

Especially after the Benoit incident.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well obviously. No way you could look like that, that quick, without using something extra to make it happen. Mickey's a small guy.

That'd be like Jan-Michael Vincent making a comeback, and being as big as Triple H. People would react with "bullshit".

What I can't believe is why the WWE would want to associate themselves with Rourke to begin with. The Wrestler is a really accurate portrayal of the 'slave meat' that wrestlers are treated like. One of the biggest offenders of this is Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Jr. I can't believe he'd want to back something that depicts wrestlers are steroid & painkiller junkies, who abandon their families.

Especially after the Benoit incident.

I read somewhere that Vince McMahon hated it for basically all the reasons you mentioned...  But then everybody was talking about the movie, and he saw an opportunity for promotion and $$$.

AtariLegend wrote:

^ You know another sickening thng, Cena giving interviews where he says wrestlers who use steroids should be automatically fired and that he's never taken anything in his life, considering the allegations against him made not by the media but by former wrestlers.

They're all abusers, even some of the girls.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know it's so fuckin' ridiculous. I hate Cena. With all my heart and soul.

He such a punk ass mother fuckin' company boy, as Vince, the puppet master, pulls the strings on that little asshole regularly. People talk about HHH, but he looks like rebel Sting, compared to Cena.

EVERYBODY uses steroids in that business, including McMahon himself. ALL of the women too. The only two people that look like they don't use is Shane & Steph. Shane is about as normal looking as anybody on there looks, and Steph simply got a massive boob upgrade, and put on a little weight from kids.

Hate to break it to all the Rey Rey nutswingers, but even that little dude uses too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I wouldn't say all wrestlers use roids. It's hard to tell but some are just straight up gym rats.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He such a punk ass mother fuckin' company boy, as Vince, the puppet master, pulls the strings on that little asshole regularly. People talk about HHH, but he looks like rebel Sting, compared to Cena.

EVERYBODY uses steroids in that business, including McMahon himself. ALL of the women too. The only two people that look like they don't use is Shane & Steph. Shane is about as normal looking as anybody on there looks, and Steph simply got a massive boob upgrade, and put on a little weight from kids.

Hate to break it to all the Rey Rey nutswingers, but even that little dude uses too.

I'm pretty sure all of that crew did. Eddie, Chavo and Rey Rey

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm kinda looking forward to his rumored match with Hogan at WM25 for its train-wreck potential.  I bet the 50+ year old Hogan with a knee and hip replacement will have to end up carrying the match because the golden boy can't wrestle a decent match to save his life.  I wonder if the crowd in Houston will start booing both guys when the match starts to spiral into a clusterfuck.

Regarding HHH, yeah he is an egomaniac who goes over most of the roster.  But he genuinely cares about the business and the history that goes with it.  He always seems to amp up his performance at WM to make sure people get their money's worth and I respect that even though some of his decisions I have problems with--the feud with Booker T and its implied racism as an example.

I'm pretty sure all of that crew did. Eddie, Chavo and Rey Rey

Rey got outed in September 2007 when the feds(or someone else) raided a pharmacy in NY and discovered a bunch of WWE guys filling prescriptions for steroids.  This was right after the Benoit murders so the WWE suspended around 10 wrestlers.  One of the stories disclosed that Rey's real name was Oscar Guitteriez.

AtariLegend wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Regarding HHH, yeah he is an egomaniac who goes over most of the roster.  But he genuinely cares about the business and the history that goes with it.

I think RVD and everyone who remembers 02/03 might disagree.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

As much as I do like HHH I think he's been in a World Heavyweight/WWE Championship match at every Wrestlemania since X8. With 23 being the only exception since he was out injured. Now no way in hell do you get that many Wrestlemania title matches one after the other unless your screwing the bosses daughter.

Board footer