You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

btw... even if Punk beats Cena at Summerslam, which I doubt they'll let him go over twice. He'll still lose the title within the next month to Del Rio for the Mexican tour, just so he can lose it back to Cena by years end most likely.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Even WWE arent stupid enough to crush this phenomenon CM Punk has going right now.. He has captured that elusive Lightning in the bottle and WWE will capitalize on that. They must.

no one wants to see ANOTHER John Cena title run.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. If McMahon runs Cena out there AGAIN, and let's the whole Punk momentum die, just for preference for Cena.... he's not the smart businessman I thought he was.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Also, Punk coming out to Cult of Personality was pretty fuckin' rad.

Yeah, just saw that Monday. The first part of RAW with Punk Vs. HHH was friggin AWESOME.

Then... Blah. The last part was kind of stupid. It should have ended in a brawl.

Cena came across as a whiney little bitch. He's always been annoying but he came across badly. And they shouldn't put Punk across as a face, he should be anti WWE fan. Bring him out like they did Austin and Rock where the fans jumped on their side despite being the heel. I see that happening with PUnk. He shouldn't be "trying" to get a pop.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Edge actually pulled that off quite nicely a few years ago. The guy basically would tell fans to shut the hell up, but because the fans so passionately HATED Cena, Edge would get cheered when he kicked the shit out of Cena.

Cena's a weird dude, and a weird face. His merch is bought up like hell, he's instant money, he's probably the most well-known "new era" superstar... yet... fans seem to LOVE to hate him.

I always wondered if Hogan was like that back in the day. Because I was too young to know during Hulkamania.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I never liked Hogan even as a kid. Not until he became Hollywood Hulk Hogan and his matches became hilarious, except for all the Dusty finishes. I was a Macho Man fan all the way. I loved that crazy bastard smile

The difference here is, Hulk appealed to A LOT more people. Back when it was okay to be a cartoon, Reagan era good guy. Remember, Hulk was pure Americana back then, too. Now, Cena appeals to the young fans Hogan did, more girls it seems, families and young guys who identify with him. You know, the white rapper douchebags. 16

The difference is that Cena does NOT appeal to the young guys who were drawn to the Attitude era wrestling. Those fans are still around, even though they've drifted away from the PG WWE era. And why the ratings are down. That's the big difference. Those are the people who boo him.

AtariLegend wrote:

That ending of RAW with the title belts and dueling entrace musics, made Punk look a like tool.

It was hornswoggle bad. The scripting of the show was designed more to get Triple H over than anyone else. Problem is, people want to see the Triple H that almost ended the streak vs. Undertaker a few months ago not the suit.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, redemption. The end of RAW was awesome last night... It's just all the rest of it sucked 16

Punk had a pretty good match, though.

They really need to get a HHH vs Punk war going. There's only so much Cena can do that's interesting. And the fact he won't sell shit really reinforces my hatred of him. Punk really had some good shit last night, and Cena responded with that stupid ass smile. Totally kills any heat, imo.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Cena alone, involved with anything kills heat. And like you said, he doesn't sell worth a shit.

And why would he? He spends his off-time under Mr. McMahon's desk.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I'm kind of against the Punk/HHH program. I would like to see Punk over Cena at Summerslam and for him to continue this "best in the world" angle he's playing so well. I feel like Punk getting into a feud with HHH just serves as a smoke screen to have him drop the title but still be in the main event scene.

It's time to get Cena out of the title picture so he can have a multiple month build up to his match with The Rock at WM. The title picture needs to involve Del Rio, Mysterio, Punk, and Miz at this point.

Board footer