You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

WWE needs Samoa Joe, Y2J, Kurt Angle, and yes, even Hogan. Miz and Del Rio just aren't cutting it.

And the day Smackdown goes under and they have to bring all the stars back to RAW will be the day WWE is relevant again.

I still think at some point we're going to see The Clique return with HHH as a modern Corporation. XPac and Nash are already signed with the WWE. So, they're obviously waiting for something to introduce them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cena would be PERFECT for a Corporation-return.

They could even have Punk lead the rebellion with occasional help from Austin.

That'd be a nice angle.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Steve Austin Talks About Wrestling CM Punk At WrestleMania (Video)
By Michael Bluth
Aug 9, 2011 - 1:00:35 PM

WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin appeared on G4's Attack of the Show this week to promote his new DVD action movie, Tactical Force, which is now on sale at Amazon.com.

During the interview, Austin was asked about the internet buzz that he might come out of retirement to wrestle CM Punk at next year's WrestleMania 28 show from Miami.

Austin responded to host Kevin Pereira by saying, "I've been hearing stuff like that."

Austin said he knows Punk is a huge fan of his and says Punk is the "hottest, freshest thing going" today in the wrestling business. .

Austin acknowledged a match with CM Punk could be a classic - saying, "I'm not going to say it's gonna happen, but I'm not gonna say it's not gonna happen.""Would be a great match-up .. Not saying its going to happen

He finished off by saying that if he were to have "one last tango," doing it with CM Punk would be the way to go.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Although it's highly unlikely, that would be a stacked Wrestlemania card. Rock/Cena and Austin/Punk on the same card would bring in huge buy-rates.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Rock/Cena & Austin/Punk would be an instant-buy for me, and would immediately get me back into the WWE full-bore.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well, looks like we got another Dusty finish. Punk beats Cena, but his foot was on the rope -- HHH screws Cena. Kevin Nash shows up, destroys Punk, allowing Del Rio to cash in on MITB and beats Punk. Now Del Rio is new champ. It's nice to see the WWE no longer cares who gets the belt.

I'm sure the rest of the Clique will show up. It's just a shame they put the belt on a mid carder (at best) who doesn't even belong in this story line.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I guess it leaves the door open for a bunch of different feuds and whatnot but that ending definitely had me going WTF?? Hopefully this doesn't kill Punk's momentum.

I also agree about Del Rio not deserving of the belt. The only reason he got it is because the WWE is going on a big tour of Mexico soon. Mexican champ = more $$$.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think you're right about Del Rio.

This could help Punk, if done right. But right now it's looking like HHH isn't supposed to be in on it. They brought Steph back into it last night, so I'm actually interested in how this will play out.

When Steph offered her hand to punk for good luck and he said, "Thanks, but I know where that hand has been" and walked off, it was a nice moment. He's really starting grow into his character like Austin and Rock did. big_smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm gonna get USA/Syfy back. This Punk stuff sounds great.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Thoughts about RAW last night:

Awkward. The whole Punk/HHH/Steph/Nash angle just came off weird. I wouldn't say bad... Nash is usually awesome on the mich, but he came off a little flat several times. Punk got the best of him. Especially the texting part 16

From what I gather, Nash was supposed to have got a text from a buddy to stick it to Punk... HHH seems to not know anything about it (I didn't even see him on the show last night, but I did miss the first 5 minutes), Nash is calling him a liar... Steph tells Punk people get what they deserve... If this is heading where it looks like its heading, then Steph is the one behind it and HHH isn't... Not really buying it right now as it seems too easy. X-Pac is going to show up at some point. And I'm still thinking HBK will return in some fashion.

Del Rio came off as Tito Santana and "arrogance era" Rick Martel all rolled into one. Not bad, but he still sucks. And Jesus Christ, for some reason the WWE cannot stand for John Cena not to be champ. I said to myself the dude who comes out to save Mysterio from Del Rio will be the next champ. And sure enough Cena is now feuding with Del Rio. Come on. He saved a fan favorite and he was STILL BOOED! *sighs*

Looks like we're going to have a Punk/Nash feud for the next PPV. It could be interesting. Nash looks uncomfortable on WWE TV for some reason.

Board footer