You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Nash was intended to appease the purist/diehard WWE fans that were hoping for some throwback WCW/WWF collision in the present.

In reality.... there was NEVER ANY INTENTION imho that Nash was gonna be on that card.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

My interest in this angle is dwindling. It's obvious they had no idea where they were going with it when they started.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Bret just shows up whenever there is RAW/Smackdown in Canada.  The more important point I think they've almost killed the momentum that CM Punk had in the summer months.

He is still over with the crowd but the character seems different.  Putting him with a heat killer like HHH doesn't help.  At some point, you know one of the Mchmahons will show up and hog up more tv time.  They definitely screwed the pooch on this one.

Ratings were shit too when going up against MNF.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the Nash thing is what hurt it the most. Even though how awful he was doing a promo, somthing possibly could ahve been salvaged.

I really wish they would have given Punk something more to be pissed about. The bodybuilder thing was lame. Especially when HHH brought up a slew of wrestlers the WWE, Vince, HHH/the Kliq screwed over; Brett Hart, Foley, Mysterio, etc. Missed opportunity.

But the end of the exchange between HHH and Punk was fantastic, imo. It kept me interested. Very well done. Should have been like that from the start.

Somehow I think they're trying to play it up that somone is undermining HHH.

It should be a good match, though.

AtariLegend wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Apart from Money In The Bank being a great PPV, i think people are getting carried away.

Deja Vu.

Punk's stick up for WWE thing last night would been like Stone Cold giving up beer in 1998 or the Undertaker appearing as a guest on Barney the purple Dinosaur.

Dreadful, pointless a new era of change? Punk btw... offically took over Cena as the top mercandise guy last week, I think. First time it's happened since "Super Cena" was born and yet he's still being booked like that?

Last several weeks of WWE RAW is the worst run of shows since I, became an addict sad. They only have WCW 2000 bad to go now, before it's *throw your TV out the window bad*.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's like McMahon resents how popular Punk is, and how much Cena has never been more than Hogan 2.0

Punk could and is the next Austin

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, completely awful string of shows. They had no idea what to do with Punk.

HHH could have been a great villain. Nope. Punk could have been a great face. Nope.

Punk was funny the other night from the little I watched. But it was like the PG DX rehash funny.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's like McMahon resents how popular Punk is, and how much Cena has never been more than Hogan 2.0

Punk could and is the next Austin

he could be.. but unfortunately he is being booked so terribly.

Like someone said, imagine if Stone Cold had been booked this way or The Rock..... U gotta let your stars shine and they should've rode CM to the next peak.. Instead Albert Del Fucking Rio has had 2 title reigns when he is boring on the mic and looks like a glorified Santino marella

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Scott Hall to be featured in ESPN documentary; ESPN E:60 about Scott Hall on Oct. 19th
by Miami Herald

ESPN’s E:60 “Scott Hall Documentary” airs 8 p.m. EST Wednesday, Oct. 19. This is part of the ESPN E:60 series, which is done very well.

The doc takes a close look at Hall, who once starred in the AWA, then as the bad guy Razor Ramon in WWE and later in the mega-successful nWo in WCW.

Former WCW executive and talent Eric Bischoff, who also worked for the AWA and WWE, discussed Hall in the doc, blaming Hall (not wrestling) for his downward spiral.

Hall has tried overcoming his demons. Apparently, he even attended a WWE-sponsored rehab program through WWE’s Wellness Program, which covers the cost of rehab for any former superstar.

• From an ESPN release:

At the height of professional wrestling in the 90’s, Scott Hall was adored by millions, his name chanted by loyal fans. Today, he has hit rock bottom.

E:60 follows Hall’s descent from superstar to a broken man, battling alcoholism and drug addiction, but still trying to hold onto the glory he once found in the ring.

• For a preview:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

OMG...

I had no clue he was that bad off. Damn...

Board footer