You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Taker has ALWAYS had the best gimmick of any wrestler. Love it, NEVER tire of it.

As for entrance music, I was always a big fan of the DX era stuff.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Taker has ALWAYS had the best gimmick of any wrestler. Love it, NEVER tire of it.

As for entrance music, I was always a big fan of the DX era stuff.

yeah man for sure. DX had great music. Just more music that Triple H used.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This was and probably still is my favorite wrestling theme song. Anyone remember The Midnight Express? 16

My second is this. When I was a kid and was at a WWF show, nothing was cooler when this song blasted through the arena:

[youtube]4aS1Xfb6ckE&feature=related[/youtube]

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

My faves...

AtariLegend wrote:

If anyone wants to see what an attidude era real main event looked like and a time when the crowd actually cared.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vobs … rel-page-1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vod0 … rel-page-1

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Think I remember that, Austin caught an elbow to the head early, or there was a clash of heads and he got a concussion.

AtariLegend wrote:

An IWC wet dream is complete, never thought I'd see this.

Sweet that Danielson actually made it, shame he's been virtually buried by WWE.

indyschmucks.jpg

For the guys that don't know, Danielson was considered the best non WWE Wrestler over the past decade, before he joined.

AtariLegend wrote:

F4WOnline.com reports that WWE officials are considering taking the WWE Championship off CM Punk due to “terrible ratings patterns” for his weekly segments on RAW.

The matter was broached prior to Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view event, which saw Punk ultimately retain the strap in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match against Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. The trend of lackluster ratings for his segments continued the following night on RAW as the program’s overrun, which saw the Straight Edge Superstar, Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder overcame The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler, only gain 59,000 viewers.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer analyzes: “That’s almost impossible given people tune in to see the following show, which basically meant wrestling fans must have been tuning out in droves (they were during the first half of the match but then started gaining at 11 p.m., but hardly gained anything).”

The main event garnered a 2.67 cable rating (2.55 for the first half of the bout), which Meltzer says is by far, the lowest-rated main event on RAW in 2011 and possibly the lowest since 1997 for a non-holiday show in its regular time slot.

Source: http://wrestleheat.com/report-wwe-remov … ings=16001

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's almost Christmas.... I imagine that would explain some of it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that's it. Ratings are down because of CM Punk.

It could be Del Rio, Miz, Ziggler... roll

Board footer