You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Axl S wrote:

That was one of the most boringly written and booked RAWs I've seen in a while. Also Zack Ryder is supposed to be lame, he's not meant to be serious or cool, he's meant to be a dork.

The divas do blow- well with exception of Natalya & Beth. Layla and Karma are decent but they're both injured just now.

The Kane ending was pretty much on the same level as shit that happened back in the Attitude Era; Undertaker crucified people!

The major problem is that episode was just booked boring. Can't find talent interesting if you don't give them something interesting to do.

Also the Jericho thing was annoying but I think that was the point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

FUCK YES! 9

AWESOME remix. This is officially "my theme". 16

AtariLegend wrote:

I think that theme was from 2000 briefly for a while. *could be wrong*.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

I think X-Pac used it at Wrestlemania 2000

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think that theme was from 2000 briefly for a while. *could be wrong*.

Axl S wrote:

I think X-Pac used it at Wrestlemania 2000

Actually it's two different themes, merged together in a custom mix.

The Run DMC rap stuff was "The Kings" that was DX intro music around 2000 (like Atari said).

The rest is the traditional DX theme.

The Run DMC original one doesn't have the Chris Warren Band old DX music in it. I think it's kinda cool to blend the two together.

Here's the original without the DX music. Still pretty cool. Cool music, HORRIBLE era of DX faction imo:

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

So Sheamus won the Rumble... eh. He hasn't done anything interesting all and hasn't had a meaningful feud in over a year. His last PPV match of note that I can remember as something worth watching was his Ladder Match with John Morrison at TLC 2010.

On the other hand props to them for building new stars, but they at least could have given the win to a young guy who has done something this year if they're going to go this route.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

My problem is, that it should be the Royal Rumble Winner's match that goes on last at Mania. What's also a shame is the past four winners have failed to win. 08: Cena, 09:Orton, 10:Edge, 11:Del Rio. With the exception of Del Rio this was just giving their already established talent the title of Former Royal Rumble Winner. Del Rio's win would have been good if they hadn't given up on his push and had him win at Mania. Especially with Edge retiring a week later (although they didn't know that at the time), it would have been perfect for Del Rio to win at Mania.

Last time I remember someone winning the world title at Mania was Mysterio at 22. That's awful, some of the best Mania moments are those "boyhood dream has come true" type title wins where someone finally wins it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

yeah but you can't have the challenger for the title win it all the time otherwise it becomes lame. 4 years isn't all that bad really. Maybe Sheamus will win it this year.  But fuck I stand by my point that the talent these days is boring. Whether it's their fault or the way it's booked. When I heard Shamus won the title I thought "meh".   

One thing that really bugs me lately is Kane. This whole shtick is fucking terrible. "Embrace the hate" blah blah blah.   the last few weeks I've only been watching to see what's up with Jericho haha.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

The Kane thing has ran out of steam, and I can't really see where it's going. It was good at first when they hinted Cena might turn but since then it's been

Kane: Cena, turn heeeeeelllll, embrace the hate.
Cena: I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN ME I LIVE AND DIE BY THESE COLOURS AND ALL I GOT TO SAY IS RISE ABOVE HATE. KANE YOU CAN'T SEE ME!

Then Kane attacks Ryder, Cena goes for save.

Rinse, repeat for a few weeks. A potentially interesting angle has just become the same old shit.

I would have been more excited if someone like say Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett had one because at least it would be something different. Sheamus they hot-shotted the title to him, he's a 2-time WWE Champion and a former King of the Ring. But he's not done something interesting in a year, so I don't really care that he's won the Rumble.

Ziggler: started off the year challenging for the WHC, and has since been climbing the ladder again on RAW, improving in-ring and on the mic.
Rhodes: Has been THE heel of Smackdown's midcard all year, has shown evolution in his character, and looks primed to break the glass ceiling. An easy star-making moment for him would be him challenging Orton for the WHC at Mania and not only winning the big one, but also finally beating Orton someone he hasn't managed to defeat despite numerous confrontations with him throughout his career. It writes itself.
Barrett: Hell for the most part he's always been doing something. He fizzled out a bit in the first half of the year but has since had a renewed push and although he hasn't been given a great deal to work with it's still more than Sheamus has done.

Jericho was still the obvious choice so that he could challenge Punk at Mania. Now Jericho is still going to challenge Punk for the title at Mania (if this doesn't happen their stupid), but now they have no options on Smackdown as Sheamus is going to challenge for the WHC. Meaning WTF are the other guys going to do.

AtariLegend wrote:

Shaemus won, to set up the Bryan match. Same one that get pushed to a dark match last year, bumped off the show at Wrestlemainia 27. So there's a story there, about how their fortunes have changed.

Rumble was basically WWE Superstars, Midcarder mania. Road Dogg was more interested in winning the rumble than most of the people in there and was one of the bigest names in it and Jericho after the huge comenack was in the ring for 6 mins or something. Shortest Rumble I remember. I'll leave it there.

On the bright side, Punk vs. Bryan briefly showed how kickass a proper match would be between them. Shawn Micheals vs. Bret Hart of this generation if it happened to me.

I think if this is the last Wrestlemania we see Undertaker (20-0), it's the true end of the post Attidude Era and realisation of WWE the next generation.

Board footer