You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh man, HE HATED ECW during that late 90's period. Those days were CLASSIC.

I loved everything about it. I even loved the USA network commercials. Loved it all. Even if the writing was better later on in the Austin era.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Thought the start of RAW was great with Punk and Heyman, loved the spot with Mick Foley confronting Punk (Mick can still cut a tight promo) but Jesus, did the Cena angle just suck the life out of the show. It would have been cool to play up his injury that Punk did something to him and kept him off TV for a while. And why, oh why are they pushing the Goldberg knock off? Would it not have been awesome if, at the end, Punk turns around and finds Undertaker glaring at him? Make a Hell In A Cell match between Punk and Taker, bring in Lesnar to screw Taker over. Boom: Taker/Lesnar for WM. Build up Heyman's stable.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thought the start of RAW was great with Punk and Heyman, loved the spot with Mick Foley confronting Punk (Mick can still cut a tight promo) but Jesus, did the Cena angle just suck the life out of the show. It would have been cool to play up his injury that Punk did something to him and kept him off TV for a while. And why, oh why are they pushing the Goldberg knock off? Would it not have been awesome if, at the end, Punk turns around and finds Undertaker glaring at him? Make a Hell In A Cell match between Punk and Taker, bring in Lesnar to screw Taker over. Boom: Taker/Lesnar for WM. Build up Heyman's stable.

I've seen the Goldberg knock off and he gets zero heat from the crowd.  I don't count people chanting "Goldberg" as any type of legit heat.

Can Taker work more than one match a year?  They seem to be saving him up for Wrestlemania.  This is where they should have just went with one of those fatal four way matches.  Just dump in 2 or 3 wrestlers on the upper card and have them wrestle Punk.  Hell, they could have dumped Bryan and Kane in there and have them continue their feuding partners storyline.

AtariLegend wrote:

Punk/Taker already happend.

Lesnar's fighting Triple H, to give Triple H is win back at Wrestlemania with the current direction.

As for Ryback, it's cause Cena is injured and might not be able to fight at Hell In Cell, so they need fallback option whether it makes sense or not.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Man, there's no way Ryback is ready for that type of match. I was just reading how insane Vince got backstage the other night because of how bad Ryback looked against Jack Swagger... Which explains why he got the squash match against Miz. From what I understand, Vince loves this guy and is trying to push him. He's even feeding his chants through the PA system. All I hear are Goldberg chants coming from the crowd, like fro said.

The Taker/Punk match above shows Taker could have an easy HIAC match and still look good with Punk.

misterID

misterID wrote:

So......... Who else thinks Punk is going to get fired for hitting that fan?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, so it's pretty clear Punk gets hit in the back, probably by the hispanic kid a couple times, then by the guy he ended up hitting, which could have been an accident, but a guy sneaks up behind that guy and hits Punk in the back of the head.

Security should have been up there. Seeing how he was being manhandled and screamed at... I would have popped someone too.

misterID

misterID wrote:

WWE statement:

WWE told TMZ.com:

"WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

"WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE … quLXmWE.99

AtariLegend wrote:

Just as note, wasn't as impressed with TLC on whole as some were, but Shield were pretty good in that 6 man. Easily best match on throw away PPV this year.

Ambrose is gonna be great in future and Rollins is typical former ROH wrestler (See Punk/Bryan). Unfortunately being WWE, they'll probably be losing every match they have after Jan. and getting destroyed by Cena.

The only person that didn't look great (even Kane wasn't bad) was Ryback. I don't know why they're pushing him, half the time he isn't getting that huge pop and rest of the time the hardcores are chanting Goldberg at him, since they are not impressed. Nobody wants Goldberg monster like, that doesn't win the big matches. They're having him face Punk again soon on TV, when it's obvious Punk needs to retain title to face The Rock at Royal Rumble next month.

Oh and one last thing for those not watching regularly, Punk has had longest title reign in few wrestling era, since the time of Hogan was the star.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I would love to see a new Dangerous Allliance with Shield and Punk. Could be this generations nWo.

Board footer