You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

For me, only watching here and there, I really, really like The Shield. It almost has an NWO feel when it was just Nash, Hall and Hogan at the beginning (even with the video promos) but these guys are totally new talent. They're teasing Punk's involvement as their leader and I wish they'd just go through with that already.

AtariLegend wrote:

Shield is cool, Ambrose is a future star.

As for show, if you want to see May Young giving birth to Hornswoggle, Santa get ran over by Del Rio (With the entire roster pretending it's real for 3 hours) and John Cena toilet jokes. It's not bad, but that awfulness were the highlights. It's still been a 3 hour filler show for months.

It'll pick up soon (they need to sell Wrestlemania), but they can't complain about ratings when they put on this garbage.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Watching raw.. god damn john cena is so fucking corny

-D-

-D- wrote:

I like paul heyman but why does cm need a manager??

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I missed it.

And Heymen is a great manager! Loved it back in the old NWA days. The Dangerous Alliance! He was Steve Austin's manager.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Paul Heyman has always been a fantastic manager. His gimmick with CM Punk is probably the better thing Heyman has been allowed to do for years, despite the fact the Punk heel work could be ALOT better.

That's why that work has been aching for an Austin/Punk EC-Dub throwback feud for awhile. They need to do that BAD.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Cena Ziggler Cage match is excellent on Raw

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

For the 20th anniversary of RAW last night was fucking awful. Flat out terrible show for celebrating 20 years of RAW. Extremely dissapointing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know what else they can do. I think even Vince knows at this point the brand was much stronger 20 years ago, but alot of those guys are dead, on TNA, completely retired, or busy with other things.

AtariLegend wrote:

Wasn't really celebrating RAW 20, apart from first 5 mins of show. Rock was entertaining though and really has kind of presence only Undertaker has now. Even Austin lost it when he started to show up as a side comedy character during 00's. Cena never had it.

Rumors are Undertaker/Bret Hart were intended to be at show, but weren't used since Austin/HBK weren't gonna be there. So WWE skipped it all.

I really doubt we'll see Austin wrestle again now. He's nearing 50 now and doesn't seem to interested in showing up, unless it's to promote something. This or last year would have been the ideal time.

Joke of week = Hogan suing a surgery company for $50 Million, claiming he lost out on a big payday vs Cena at Wrestlemania 25.

Board footer