You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

I think fans might turn on Bryan if they (WWE) keep pushing stuff like the #yes movement. Just something very uncool about corporate WWE safe/predictable, see Wrestlemania 29.

I'm afraid now after last Monday that if he does get pushed, he'll become another Sheamus.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Everyone is saying they're tuning into RAW to see if the fans hijack the show with Punk chants like they did the NXT tapings.

AtariLegend wrote:

Well they're chanting, but it's not exactly Chicago, Philly or New York.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Can you imagine what Chicago will be like? They're saying LA is going to be wild, too.

And was it me or was the Miz thing meant to mock Punk?

Also, having Bryan win clean over Orton means nothing without him getting the title.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

Also, having Bryan win clean over Orton means nothing without him getting the title.

Yes, but you know why they did it? So Bryan will be in a segment that loses viewers. This is like the 17th Bryan/Orton match on tv in the past year and Orton is barely a draw in TV ratings (see previous page).

misterID

misterID wrote:

I saw an interview with a former WWE writer who said the same thing. That they did it to Rey Mysterio also, burying him on TV and bad time slots to give him bad TV numbers to justify burying him and he can see they're doing the same thing to DB. Stupifying.

misterID

misterID wrote:

- From The LAW:

This past Sunday on Live Audio Wrestling Mick Foley stopped by the show to promote his comedy shows in British Columbia this week. The full interview discussing his WWE contract status, WrestleMania involvement, CM Punk and more is up at http://fightnetwork.com/news/44970:inte … ick-foley/ and on iTunes with highlights of the interview below:

CM Punk’s exit from WWE:

“The last time I touched base with him was after the Rumble and I don’t want to discuss what he said exactly. I’ll just say I wasn’t shocked when he decided to leave because he and I – there is a deep, mutual respect there and we like each other. I would say to him after I watched him at a house show and I would say “geez, you don’t have to work that hard every night” and he would say “if I didn’t I wouldn’t be here” and I respect the work ethic and I understand if you’re hurt and you’re not enjoying yourself that it’s not the place to be.”

“I would hate to see CM Punk turn into what I did where my philosophy became “good enough is going to have to be good enough” and it wasn’t that philosophy that helped me succeed, to get me into the WWE Hall of Fame and I kind of regret going through a few years where things had to be that way. I don’t think Punk wants anyone to see him at anything less than his best and I know he’d been frustrated for a while. He’s a pretty outspoken guy and in the end he’ll make the decision that’s best for him. What I said and I’ll repeat for you guys, if he can reconsider one thing it’s not to let whether or not he’s officially the main event dictate how good his match is. If he had a big match coming up at WrestleMania I would encourage him to at least think about taking advantage of that. In 2006, in no way, shape or form were Edge and I the main event of WrestleMania but we had a great match…I didn’t walk away from that WrestleMania thinking it was any less special because we weren’t the feature so that’s the only piece of advice I’d give him, not to let those words “main event” dictate how important the match is but if your heart’s not in it, it’s not in it.”

Foley not being in the WrestleMania 15 main event and comparisons to Punk, Bryan:

“There’s a piece of video, I think it’s been lost now, on the WWE (website) where I actually was asked about the match after I had lost the title to The Rock in February where it was obvious I was out of the WrestleMania main event picture and I didn’t realize how much it meant to me, what a blow it was and I broke down, I just started crying for real, on the interview. I didn’t realize it until that moment that “man, my one chance is gone”. I’ll be honest Daniel Bryan is more over than I ever was.”

“You have to seize these moments in time, I had confidence that even if that wasn’t my moment I was going to be okay and I had the ability, my character blended with a lot of guys in the ring. But I think this is a special moment and the WWE risks losing it if they don’t capitalize on it. I’ll be watching as a fan, I still love the company and by and large I still love the product, but I will be watching eagerly and hoping for the best possible outcome. I did receive confirmation that I will be involved in three or four events during WrestleMania week so I will be there, I will be part of the company that week and I want what’s best for the company and in my opinion that involves Daniel being a big part of that show.”

---------------------------------

The more I think about it the more I respect Punk's decision. If you don't like the direction, you're not happy, walk away. People used to make fun of Bret Hart and how seriously he took his legacy. If you think about it, these guys are creating a brand. Why would anyone want to stick around and help some people in the back shit on it and ruin your career because they don't know what they're doing, or they're intentionally tryingt o bury you.

BTW, it was confirmed that WWE has been trying to bury the CM PUNK chants on TV by cutting out house microphones.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Punk sadly came to the game a generation too late. I the Attitude Era he would've been a future Hall of Famer, and the next natural progression after Edge. Instead he's gotten saddled in the crappy PG-80s revival toy company WWE, so much to a point i'm shocked Vince hasn't had Hogan in a full role.

Punk sadly is lost in this generation of WWE, and I sadly think it might mark his legacy in a bad way. Sellouts.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There's no way Punk would have made it in the Attitude era, imo, because of the egos running the roost back then, including HHH, who seems to have a hard on for him. I would have been more intersted in what he could've done in WCW, even with Vince Russo -- They could have had their Stone Cold/HBK. ECW would have been a nice place to build him up too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Vince Russo, huh?

A bit revisionist history are we? Russo ruined WCW, and whether it was he or Bischoff that hired more busted up egos than McMahon during that era. Punk would've never made it in WCW, because they would've been too busy booking Hogan vs. Kevin Nash vs. Booker T for the WCW Heavyweight Championship. Whatever.

WWE had heat. I could see ECW, back in the mid-90s when it really took off. But the only place Punk would've ever had a spotlighted home, would've been had HE BEEN ONE OF THOSE EGOS running around with Austin/HHH/Rock/Taker, etc.

That was my point. He could've easily come up in that generation of WWE, and at least during the Edge days.

Board footer