You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

This is worse than WCW now. I'm out, seriously... quit-ing as a wrestling fan.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, you're my guy on the inside! What did it?

AtariLegend wrote:

The make Roman look strong tour is killing ratings.

The going on about how this is a new era while copying WCW storylines, the Montreal Screw job for the millionth time and McMachons all over a 3 hour + TV program and now PPVs is another.

This though every week is too much, it's beyond insulting.

Worst program on TV.

AtariLegend wrote:

https://twitter.com/MomsAgainstWWE/status/716825892941594624

GREATEST TWITTER ACCOUNT OF ALL TIME.

AtariLegend wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: Jerry 'The King' Lawler speaks from jail after arrest

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler is behind bars, accused of domestic assault.

Friday morning, Memphis Police Department put him and his fiancée in jail.

Lawler spoke to WMC Action News 5 from the jailhouse via telephone. Click here to listen to that conversation.

It's a case of he said, she said where both Lawler and his fiancée, Lauryn McBride, ended up as victim and suspect.

McBride, 27, has lived with Lawler, 66, for five years. She said they both got into an argument, and it turned violent.

She said Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against the stove, put a gun on the kitchen counter, and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler said he came back from a wrestling event ironically labeled, "A Night in the Slammer" to find his fiancée drunk following a party where she and her friends watched Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

"When she drinks we get into a little bit of a shouting match and then she wants to leave," Lawler said over the phone from the jailhouse. "I was not going to let her leave in the car, because she was not in any condition to drive. She got more and more upset."

Lawler told police McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. He said she was drunk when she told him she knew where the gun was and threatened to kill herself.

On the phone, Lawler was more reserved about what happened.

"It's just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It's just something that happened as a result of drinking too much," Lawler said.

Memphis police officers said they were unable to determine if Lawler or McBride was the primary aggressor in the case, so they arrested both McBride and Lawler.

WWE released a statement on its website saying, "WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."

"It's an unfortunate situation as a result of someone drinking too much. I'm saddened by it and hope we can get past this," Lawler said when asked to give a message to his fans learning about the arrests.

Source: http://www.wfsb.com/story/32244777/jerr … is-fiancee

WWE have since indefinitely suspended him.

AtariLegend wrote:

Reigns got a wellness suspension.

AtariLegend wrote:

So Lesnar came out of UFC retirement and beat Mark Hunt last week.

He's now just failed a UFC USADA anti-doping test. Cannot make it up.

Pretty embarrassing for WWE's kafable drug testing now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The make Roman look strong tour is killing ratings.

The going on about how this is a new era while copying WCW storylines, the Montreal Screw job for the millionth time and McMachons all over a 3 hour + TV program and now PPVs is another.

This though every week is too much, it's beyond insulting.

Worst program on TV.

Wow. WOW. That is an abomination. I cant believe this is what wrestling has turned into. I also cant believe it actually has an audience.

McMahon wanted to monopolize the sport for THIS?!?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Last couple of years I've developed a system:

Watch from January-April.

Start about 3 weeks before Royal Rumble, watch that then all through until and including the Raw following wrestlemania.

Then take the rest of the year off to de-tox from wrestling.

It's funny you don't really miss all that much and the annoying things are less annoying when there's just less hours a year to watch of it 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

cuybysmrevfmkefmvtn3.jpg

1st round submission. He needs to hang it up.

Board footer