You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Prichard is on some of the shows. Jim Cornette is a lunatic, but is an encyclopedia of wrestling history. His hatred of Vince Russo could be it's own show.

mitchejw
 Rep: 116 

Re: The Wrestling thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Prichard is on some of the shows. Jim Cornette is a lunatic, but is an encyclopedia of wrestling history. His hatred of Vince Russo could be it's own show.

Yea...i love me some Cornette...he could control his temper a bit...but i just think he’s one of those guys that cares too much. He’s able to see things 2 or 3 steps down the road and the cost it may have to the business.

His 40 plus years in the wrestling business make him a unique perspective. His takes on why the wrestling business is in the shitter and may permanently be that way are fascinating.

The behind the scenes guys from the old days were super talented.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

I will always think of the Midnight Express with Cornette. What a great theme song, great team... And then he managed the Dynamic Dudes! lol

mitchejw
 Rep: 116 

Re: The Wrestling thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I will always think of the Midnight Express with Cornette. What a great theme song, great team... And then he managed the Dynamic Dudes! lol

He talks so lovingly about the midnight express...that’s the thing about Corny...for as crazy he can get...it’s like everything is extreme. He’s not Luke warm about anything. Everything is intense and passionate.

What era did you watch, ID?

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Around wrestlemania 2, I think. I was old enough to be aware of it. I was pretty young, but my first real memory was King Kong Bundy sending Hogan to the hospital. I loved Randy Savage but was a pretty big NWA fan. I even watched AWA on ESPN. It blew my mind Cactus Jack could be this vicious heel in NWA and a big face in AWA at the same time.

mitchejw
 Rep: 116 

Re: The Wrestling thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Around wrestlemania 2, I think. I was old enough to be aware of it. I was pretty young, but my first real memory was King Kong Bundy sending Hogan to the hospital. I loved Randy Savage but was a pretty big NWA fan. I even watched AWA on ESPN. It blew my mind Cactus Jack could be this vicious heel in NWA and a big face in AWA at the same time.

The different wrestling organizations at that time were super fascinating. NWA was cool...AWA was cool...I've already found it interesting that all the best guys from those areas made it Vince and WWF.

Did you see Wrestlemamia III as it happened? Just for historical significance...I hope you did.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

My dad rented it on VHS for me around the time of WrestleMania 4.

mitchejw
 Rep: 116 

Re: The Wrestling thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

My dad rented it on VHS for me around the time of WrestleMania 4.

I remember those vhs tapes...video stores back in the day would have entire sections dedicated to coliseum home video. Wrestlemania IV was a 2 set box.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Yeau, I watched all kinds of shit, even a collection of main events from live shows that were never televised like Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior pre-WrestleMania V.

mitchejw
 Rep: 116 

Re: The Wrestling thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeau, I watched all kinds of shit, even a collection of main events from live shows that were never televised like Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior pre-WrestleMania V.

Interesting shit about that is...back in those days...their bread and butter was live shows.....

Now it's TV advertising....

Amazing how that changed the business.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB