You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Fortus and Ferrer's New Band The Compulsions (Slams Chi Dem)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Is that the real Finck?

"right there with ya"?:/

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Is that the real Finck?

"right there with ya"?:/

Apparently so.

"Their drummer is Frank 'Thunderchucker' Ferrer, formerly of Guns N' Roses."

Also noticed that Bumble "didnt know" about the drummer situation when asked if Brain and Frank would both be playing live. Brain had already confirmed this to be the case hmm

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

To grace the stages in the unforeseeable future:

Guns N' Roses

Feat. Axl / DJ Ashba / Paul Huge / Bumblefoot / Tommy / Brain / Pitman / Dizzy

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

Agreed.

Also if Frank and Rick had nothing to do with it, you would think that the journo would have a bit of tact and forsee the consequences.

Journalists don't have any tact.  Their main goal is to create a buzz, and mission accomplished here.  I'm sure their myspace page has never gotten so much attention, of course not for the right reasons.  But regardless, exposure for this band is at an all time high. 

I'm sure Frank and Richard have NOTHING to do with the bands myspace page.  I wouldn't read too much into this.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Interesting news.  Wonder if this could see Brain come back into the fold (doubt it though).:(

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet.  Someone at mygnr pointed out this:

"Their drummer is Frank 'Thunderchucker' Ferrer, formerly of Guns N' Roses."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJl_YfezTo

Join the dots. . ..

AR

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna be getting my current events in the rock world from THAT GUY anytime soon.  I scoff at the thought that anyone would even believe he knows anything about who's in or out of GNR.  He most likely said Frank was formerly in GNR because he knows nothing and probably just assumed since he's playing with this hot new band and GNR is nowhere to be found, well he came to his own conclusion.  Again, nothing to see here.  Please move on!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Not only that faldor...but if they were hoping to use frank and richard to gain some of the gnr fanbase....they've now failed miserably cuz of that article

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah I'm not saying it was a very well thought out plan.  However, I don't think they really lost anything.  I guess there's a possibility they could've gained some GNR fans who wanted to see Frank and Richard perform, but I tend to think those numbers really aren't that high.  That band could play in my neighbors yard and I'd only come outside if there was nothing good on TV.

AtariLegend wrote:

That MYSPACE page has said this all along...

"
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL COMPULSIONS MYSPACE PROFILE

The everyday upkeep of this profile is maintained by the Compulsions' web administrator, however, the band has direct supervision over it just like their website and will eventually see your messages when they have time to catch up. So, please feel free to leave a comment.

THE COMPULSIONS: BEEN THROUGH HELL EP
by Dan Rowe

IT IS TIME FOR THE FRACTURED TRIBE OF ROCK N' ROLL TO UNITE
BEHIND ITS LEADER

Five years ago, the Compulsions sang about what it's like to be a "rat below the busy citizens," on their first masterwork Laughter From Below. Make no mistake: with their newest release, Been Through Hell, that beast remains underfed and is through sitting idly by starving to death. This time, someone's getting their ankle gnawed through. With this outing, the Compulsions have officially chalked up their third flawless disc in a row. If this one doesn't get them the support they deserve, either the people in positions of power within this industry know less about music than is already apparent, or said fact has run the label system into the ground to the point no music industry exists anymore.

The lineup stability newly found on the band's last CD, Demon Love, has for all intents and purposes remained intact, with one doozie of an exception--the reinsertion of current Guns N' Roses drummer Frank Ferrer. Appearing on four of Been Through Hell's six tracks, his consistent presence gives the band a power and confidence they haven't always been afforded. Lead guitarist Brian Gabriel and bassist Joe Merrigan are solid as last time, lending impressive supporting voices to singer/songwriter/founder Rob Carlyle's vision. "

faldor

faldor wrote:

Whoever the "webmaster" is, is the one who should be taking the brunt of the blame here.  They used extremely poor judgement in posting that article.  Then again, maybe it's the ONLY article about the bands new album.

Board footer