You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: favorite axl moment ( the gnrevolution version )

Olorin wrote:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

For me the best Axl moment was in Lisbon 2006. The wait had been so long since 2002..and then there he was...screaming out "Do you know where the fuck you are" (without the fuck maybe?) with some kind of liquour bottle in one hand and the mic in the other. I watched it live online..one of the first times I did that too.

The sound was horrible almost the entire concert, but that moment made the hairs on my back stand up

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

FUCK why did they change the Blues to the shit that ended up on CD?

Those 2002 versions were perfect

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

This is by far my favourite Axl Rant. He gets really pissed here. I think if one of the City council/promoter people was there he would have killed them. Its THE best Axl rant of all time.

The high part for me is that after the Rant he begins to Play Prostitute !!!! One of his little teasers from the 02 days when no one even knew what the song was and thought he just elongated the November rain intro

+1, I think that's my favorite too.  I also like how soon after that he gets word that they're allowed to play on and he thanks whoever was responsible for that.

Love that Albany rant too.  "They're bad cops, I'm the Serpico, and they can suck my dick". That is priceless!

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single Axl rant that I haven't enjoyed.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like the rants more than some of the songs! haha

The Kurt Cobain/Courtney Love one is the best

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I've only gotten to see GNR twice, once in 02 and again in 06, but both times Axl was quiet, didn't talk much, just went about his business.  I was hoping for a rant, but didn't get one.  I can't think of any other band you go to see where you look forward to "hearing" the lead singer talk in between songs.  Usually it's like, "just get on with it, shut up already". 

On a related note, I saw Van Halen their last time out and Dave was a very good story teller.  Very entertaining.  It's really a lost art and a great way to intro certain songs.  It at least gives you the impression that they're relating to you on some level, as crazy as that sounds.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah I've only gotten to see GNR twice, once in 02 and again in 06, but both times Axl was quiet, didn't talk much, just went about his business.  I was hoping for a rant, but didn't get one.  I can't think of any other band you go to see where you look forward to "hearing" the lead singer talk in between songs.  Usually it's like, "just get on with it, shut up already". 

On a related note, I saw Van Halen their last time out and Dave was a very good story teller.  Very entertaining.  It's really a lost art and a great way to intro certain songs.  It at least gives you the impression that they're relating to you on some level, as crazy as that sounds.

I agree. I've never understood audience reaction to "just shut up and sing".

You beg for these people to expose themselves, and relate to you as a normal person... and when they do... you tell them shut up, and get on with it?

Just goes to show how much your fellow man doesn't give a shit about your problems. More should imo... hmm

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

His rants can be better than the songs. Totally agree with that. It's poetry.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single Axl rant that I haven't enjoyed.

Except for the one involving the name "Warren Beatty" I'd agree

losing out to beatty tho, I mean, thats bad lol

Board footer