You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: favorite axl moment ( the gnrevolution version )

-D- wrote:

Don't think he lost to Beatty,. I think mistreating her allowed him to LOSE her.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Okay, I'm lost...what the fuck is the Warren Beatty rant?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Warren Beatty was Stephanie Seymour's ex before she hooked up with Axl. If you watch the Paris 92, Axl does a rant about him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

after Always On The Run [w/ Lenny Kravitz] and before Double talkin' jive @ Hippodrome paris ppv 1992

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The double talkin jive rants are all terrible. Axl just felt like talking shit about everyone from 91-93.

That said that is one great performance of DTJ.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

what does axl mean during the Albany rant that the old guys "Didn't want to take it to this level?"

What playing to half empty arenas?

I don't get what he meant by that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

what does axl mean during the Albany rant that the old guys "Didn't want to take it to this level?"

No D, obviously he didn't mean playing half empty arenas.

I'm guessing he's just saying they didn't see eye to eye, they wanted to go a different direction than he.  Axl has said he was willing to work with Slash's Snakepit material but he wasn't willing.  And Duff was in it until he couldn't take it any longer.  Therefore Axl had to move on without them, thus they didn't want to "take it to this level".  More like, THEY QUIT, NOT ME!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they wanted to do a club tour at one point as well and Axl said no...or so the rumor goes

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

No D, obviously he didn't mean playing half empty arenas.

I'm guessing he's just saying they didn't see eye to eye, they wanted to go a different direction than he.  Axl has said he was willing to work with Slash's Snakepit material but he wasn't willing.  And Duff was in it until he couldn't take it any longer.  Therefore Axl had to move on without them, thus they didn't want to "take it to this level".  More like, THEY QUIT, NOT ME!

No, what Axl meant was "Slash & Duff, didn't want to join my business arrangement in 1995, where I basically was their employer and they were contract players in their own band".

They didn't want to take it to that level. The level of Axl being their employer. They didn't want to be their for the fans on that level.

I don't fuckin' blame them. 21

Board footer