You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: favorite axl moment ( the gnrevolution version )

Neemo wrote:

thats nonsense...Axl wanted to explore new avenues, and try to keep gnr on top of the world....Slash, Izzy, Duff were content to have a 5 peice band and tour clubs doing straight up balls out rock...a throwback to the club scene where they started...Axl had a different view he didnt feel they should step back he felt there was only moving forward

fernando kjinda touched on the subject in this interview:

Journalist - What can you say about the relationship between Rose and Slash?

Fernando - They have not spoken for years. But everyone has to believe it is a relationship where Axl is a villain. Always, if something goes wrong who is to blame? If Slash does something nobody knows, such as Snakepit, but that's so special about this album? Not in any chart of MTV, no one is buying, but many think that Slash is the 'key' by Guns N 'Roses. Many are those who claim that Guns N 'Roses is Axl Slash while ... He is a good guitarist but nothing more. Actually, Axl does not need to be vilified by everyone. Slash uses drugs overdose and was hospitalized many times, but that's nothing, if Axl ... For example, one day I was at home and watch the garden and saw someone running, the fourth of Axl is sticking to mine, I thought that person could jump, breaking the window of Axl and run. Axl went to my room, I knocked but nobody answered me, because at that time Axl was showering and do not listen. Frightened I called the police. When paramedics arrived they asked "where's the person who needs help with overdose. I never said overdose during my call, but as is the house of Axl was assumed that the emergence of a drug overdose. On the other hand, tried to end Slash Guns N 'Roses, carrying the band to play in bars, but Axl said it was not possible because he could not play for a handful of people when Guns N' Roses attracted 200,000. If at the time Axl would agree, surely the people have spoken for the bad idea that would attribute to him without hesitation.

Journalist - So this is the version of Axl to the dismissal of Slash?

Fernando - Everyone talks about Axl's version, the Slash, but no version of Axl, for that tells the truth, not lies. Wanted to Slash Snakepit lyrics on the next album by Guns N 'Roses and Axl would not, then everything began to get difficult as Slash not accept other songs more than theirs.

Interviewer - What about McKagan's departure?

Fernando - It was because he wanted to spend time with his family. Was your daughter and wanted to spend more time with them. At least that's what I heard. I really do not know anything about the legal process, they're friends, but not called in years.

from chinese whispers

"The reality was that I was basically going to do most of Slash's songs in particular, and work on those with him, but basically, anytime we got anything that would be halfway near something that was gonna be either successful because it completely kicked ass or was just strong in any way, then it was backed away from, and I believe that this has a lot to do with trying to keep the material down." (Axl, WRIF, 11/21/02)

"Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash's ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. [...] Slash and his ex-wife Renee and his security guy and closest confidant at the time, Ronnie Stalnacker, could not live with that." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02)

Axl also said that Fall to Peices was one of the track that Slash brought to the table at that time and after Axl had expressed interest in the song Slash then refused to work on it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fernando lost all credibility as soon as he went into that trash fest about Snakepit not charting, and Slash being a drug addict, blah blah blah, like that means any fuckin' thing.

As for Axl, to sit back and reference "this level", just means Axl's own personal opinion of what is good.

Slash in his book, and other interviews was perfectly open with how fed up he was with the process, especially after the recording of the UYI albums. It was obvious he was at a point of "take it, or leave it", and Axl left it. That's fine, but it has NOTHING to do with "this level".

As for my comment about the business contract. That might be nonsense, but it's Slash's nonsense. Not mine.

Slash was the one that said that Axl basically bailed on their business arrangement, informed them he was moving to a different business arrangement, and he was taking the name with him, and that Slash & Duff were perfectly free to join him. Sounds nice? If I were in a band, and my frontman just told me, he's leaving our partnership, to start his own, and taking the name, and you're free to join Guns N' Roses, when I was already in Guns N' Roses and basically a founding member... yeah, i'd probably see it the wrong way too. Axl must be real misunderstood.

It was a power play for control. It was about money.

...Axl wanting to explore new avenues musically... yeah sure.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Journalist - What can you say about the relationship between Rose and Slash?

Fernando - They have not spoken for years. But everyone has to believe it is a relationship where Axl is a villain. Always, if something goes wrong who is to blame? If Slash does something nobody knows, such as Snakepit, but that's so special about this album? Not in any chart of MTV, no one is buying, but many think that Slash is the 'key' by Guns N 'Roses.

It's a very funny quote actually, since this is what happened to the 'album the whole world was waiting for'. After 15 years of creation, recreation and masturbation, it got canned in 2 weeks.

It's pretty simple, really.

We have no idea what he meant by that. Period.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

God Damn I need a translator for Fernando

what the fuck is he talkin about with a garden and Axl coming to his room then Axl in a shower..............

It's probably a bad translation from Portuguese to English.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

God Damn I need a translator for Fernando

what the fuck is he talkin about with a garden and Axl coming to his room then Axl in a shower..............

I think he means something like:

One time Axl was in the shower, and fernando saw someone out side in the garden hurt themselves, he didn't know what to do about it, and being alone (because axl was in the shower) he fliped out and dialed 911. When the authorities came they assumed it was a drug overdose because it was from Axl's address even though Fernando had said nothing about drugs on the phone.

Fernando saw that incident as an example of how people who don't know Axl make assumptions about him (such as any accident at their address must be because of drugs).

Or something like that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah that's what I took out of that.  Good job monkeychow.  Maybe you should translate the translation 14. Because like D said, some of it is kind of confusing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

monkeychow- the resident GNREvo fernadno translator. Once the portuguese is in "Fernando" he finally finishes the job and turns it into English. 16

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

Yeah I share with the OP my fave was seeing the Freddie Mercury concert, braodcast live (BBC2? I think) one afternoon, kicked off great, seeing GN'R there was ACE! cool

Although to be honest, anytime I've been in the pit and they've actually shown up on stage was pretty damned good, so yeah that's five.

Aaaaaaand to go all OT, seeing NIN in 1994 @ the Forum was also a cool moment Id not have HAD without Axl& crew! 9

Board footer