You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Give Tommy Stinson thanks

DCK wrote:

For the upcoming tour, I would like to make a suggestion.

If Tommy wants to do it, he should be given his own song in the setlist to play. Preferably a song from what I feel (IMO) is the best GNR member-gone-solo record. Give him that song and his time in the spotlight while Axl gets oxygen or whatever as a THANK YOU for his dedicated in seeing this nonsense through. He deserves it. For me, the Guns N Roses bassist is Tommy Stinson. He truly deserves the spot, if only for staying onboard for all these years.

"Without a view" and "Someday" is much better than Street of Dreams anyway.

It's actually kind of hard to explain how much I admire Tommy as a member, player and as an artist since his contributions and presence to the music world have meant so much to me on a personal level.

Without him there will be no more Guns N' Roses for me.

So... Hear, hear!

Sky Dog wrote:

as the resident one and only Tommy-ite, I salute you and agree whole heartedly. Looks like we may have another one in the club!!!!!

DCK

DCK wrote:

He deserves our admiration and respect. He should be given appropriate thanks for giving a decade of his life to this project. Maybe he had a few stupid comments along the way, who hasn't?

Tommy should be applauded. If not a song then everyone should rise from their seated areas and applaud him.

Sky Dog wrote:

I applaud him all the time...listening to the remastered Replacements Pleased to Meet Me right now......

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Tiny Pieces! big_smile

Mats, B&P, Perfect and VGH - they're heavily played here too. Tommy kept me interested in this band for years, suspect I would have fucked off a long time ago were it not for him. Great respect for the guy.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

As a reward for his 10+ years of service, Axl should turn Tommy up in the live mix.

-President, P.L.T.
(People for a Louder Tommy)

DCK

DCK wrote:

Someone should really get the message across to whoever the fuck is in charge and make sure Tommy knows that the hardcores appreciate him and all his work and efforts put into this. Especially his LOYALTY.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
DCK wrote:

Someone should really get the message across to whoever the fuck is in charge...

Hey, I'm not trying to be a dick, but this really made me LOL

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Oh yeah! Tommy, Pitman and Dizzy are my favourite GNR members for a reason.

Tommy and Dizzy because they're the only ones with real cred who walked into this and have stuck with it. (Before anyone says Dizzy has no cred touring with GNR on the UYI tour and putting up with all that bullshit as well as bullshit 98 onwards earns you real cred)

Chris because after Bucket, him and Tobias were/are the greatest writing talents new GNR have.

I really do hope Axl sees this and gives these guys a larger spotlight. As much as I like Bumble and put up with Fortus they aren't as deserving of a killer solo spot as these three.

Board footer