You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: How far for GNR?

bigbri wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's nice that everyone likes the current GN'R, and claims cash flow issues...

Somehow, me thinks if it were a reunited GN'R, you'd sell your first born to be there.

Just sayin'. I'm sure i'll be told how wrong I am.

Yes, you are wrong. I wouldn't do it. I've seen em the first time around. They were awesome. They would not be awesome now.

I cannot spend $50 to $100 for a ticket, take a day off work (if I had to) and travel into the city to see them. Too much investment when I have a house, cars, kids, pets, you know, responsibilities. GNR is not a priority anymore.

The only shows I go to are club shows, mainly Buckethead, where tickets are $20 or so, where I know when the band will be on stage and when they will roughly be done. I can see Bucket at the Vic or Metro, stand 3 feet away from him. Get 2 straight hours of music, no bullshitting, go home and be in bed by 1 a.m.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You say that now.

No, that's always been my "standpoint" on the matter.

I have zero interest in seeing the reunited original line-up of Guns N' Roses.

But it's never going to happen anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Like I said, you say that now.  It's a pretty safe and easy stance to take.  I'm sure others say the same thing, but the reality is that most of those people will go in a second.  Maybe you're the exception to the rule, but I'll play the odds and say you're not.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am sorta the same way. A Gnr reunion is meaningless to me because I saw them 7 times on the UYI tour-in their prime....been there and done that. Would I go? Yes. But, again, mainly just to see Axl.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Look, I'm an equal-opportunity "show skipper." I would not see current or original GNR now unless tickets were of a reasonable price, which they won't be.

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe you're the exception to the rule, but I'll play the odds and say you're not.

Whatever floats your boat.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Look, I'm an equal-opportunity "show skipper." I would not see current or original GNR now unless tickets were of a reasonable price, which they won't be.

Exactly, you and i are pretty much in the same boat, i paid $40 to see BLS and for me that was on the top end of affordability, and zakk went on played his set no fuckign around and that was that...show was done by 11

some people dont understand that baby doesnt understand when daddy's hurtin'

the only reason i would conceive of paying 100 bones for orig lineup of gnr is cuz i never got to witness that spectacle....as much as i'd love to see nugnr again...i've been there twice ('02 and '06) so it wouldnt be a priority....concerts are a young mans game, old farts like me don't fare as well in the pit as we used to

i got tickets for free in '02 i thought that was a good price smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

You have months to plan for it though, travel arrangements, babysitters and whatnot. I treat it like going for a night out on the town, theres always the possibility I might not get home till the next afternoon.  I'd never go to a concert relying on public transport cause the last trains and buses leave way too early. If I'm working the next day, I'll take the day as a holiday or a sickie.

I went to a Rammstein gig a few years back when I had work the next day, it was in a timber warehouse I briefly worked at. It was a brand new business and my first week. I went to the gig, got merry and managed to get invited to a party by these people I met. There was whisky galore and I never got home till 6am and I started work at 9. I was still pissed at 9 but went in anyway cause it was my first week and didnt want to make a bad impression. Before 12 I had crashed the forklift truck 3 times, the 3rd time was when I tried to drive out the warehouse with the forks raised and crashed into the metal rolling shutters above the doors, piercing the brand new rolling shutter doors with boths forks and hanging the forklift up on them. I got sent home soon after.
But I learned a lesson that day, and it was to not be foolish next time I go to a concert, by planning ahead and making sure I have the next day booked off work!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah i understand the plan ahead thing...but it doesnt magically give me $200 extra dollars to spend on concert tickets instead of groceries...or it has nothing to help me the next day when my kids wake up @ 6 or 7 and i crashed @ 4 cuz the band didnt go on until 1:30 then i had to drive home

and we're not even counting the $$$ i had to pay the sitter

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its fine to say that isnt very rock n roll but neither is a cranky/hungry/neglected child

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I planned ahead for the Nashville show in 2006.  That got me a hotel room in Nashville with no concert to see.  Fortunately we found some good local music at some of the bars on Lower Broad or I'd have been very unhappy.  I suppose it's my fault for assuming Axl would actually show up and prepaying for the room for a lower rate.

Board footer