You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: How far for GNR?

buzzsaw wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm sure i'll be told how wrong I am.

Well... I can't speak on anyone others behalf but I sure wouldn't.

Hell, I would not even go.

You say that now.  It's easy to be a tough guy about it when it isn't an option.  Let's see how many of the "hardcore CD lovers" skip the reunion if/when it actually happens.  I'm sure many won't admit to going to save face, but you can't really call yourself a GnR fan if the only version you're interested in is the new band and you're the one guy in 2006 that skipped to the bathroom while all the classics are playing.

johndivney wrote:

i'd go as far as i could afford. i live in ireland so am hoping for another UK tour. last time i went to roskilde festival (denmark) & the irish rds show but this time i'd prefer to see them in an arena. if there was a UK tour, or even those warm-up 'club' shows, i'd go to as many as i could.
ideally, old band or new band, i'd like to attend EVERY Guns concert.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Buz, for me it's not an either/or, the original GNR was my favourite band for years on end, these days I'm a huge fan of the new GNR, so i'd pay as much as I can afford without crazy extremes (eg going homeless/selling organs lol) for either band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i'd go as far as i could afford. i live in ireland so am hoping for another UK tour. last time i went to roskilde festival (denmark) & the irish rds show but this time i'd prefer to see them in an arena. if there was a UK tour, or even those warm-up 'club' shows, i'd go to as many as i could.
ideally, old band or new band, i'd like to attend EVERY Guns concert.

Exactly, I'm one of those CRAZY fans who likes everything related to Guns N' Roses.  New, old, whatever.  Can you imagine such a crazy concept?

The most I ever paid to see a concert was Van Halen a few years back, tickets were over $200.  Not sure I'd do that again for any band, except maybe Guns.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder how far I would go really. I'm sure I'd pay up to about $400 USD...over that level...I still would if I could but it might become tough to get cash realisticly.

It's very important to me to see my favourite peformers live though, i try to go to the live show of all bands i'm a fan of that come down under, but GNR in all tis forms is my all time favourite...so it'd be worth pulling out the stops.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Buz, for me it's not an either/or, the original GNR was my favourite band for years on end, these days I'm a huge fan of the new GNR, so i'd pay as much as I can afford without crazy extremes (eg going homeless/selling organs lol) for either band.

Then you don't fit into the category I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the people that love CD and have no interest in the old band or a reunion.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I know a guy who just paid $800 to meet KISS backstage, thats insanity

buzzsaw wrote:

You say that now.

No, that's always been my "standpoint" on the matter.

I have zero interest in seeing the reunited original line-up of Guns N' Roses.

But it's never going to happen anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I will still pay to see Axl....no matter who he is with. So far, I like most of the musicians he has surrounded himself with. smile

Board footer