You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Unseen Erin Everly photos

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm a Steph man.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

he looks fkin smug as fuck there...lol

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That interviewer in that youtube vid was a fucken dick!  On a separate note was there something inparticular which caused Axl to dislike Gene Simmons??

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Aussie wrote:

That interviewer in that youtube vid was a fucken dick!  On a separate note was there something inparticular which caused Axl to dislike Gene Simmons??

I thought the same, way more interested in getting as much of his grinning mug on the screen as possible than asking question or listening to the answers.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

Gene Simmons is a fuckin idiot

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

gene simmons is a fuckin douche.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Red heads ain't nothing but trouble.

And yes Gene can S a big old D.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

The KISS vs. GN'R war started when Slash ran down Paul Stanley. Stanley really liked Guns, and wanted to produce them, but he wanted to lighten them up and specifically felt Jungle needed to be more poppy (which Stanley was right from a business standpoint, because Jungle was not a hit). Stanley just annoyed the fuckin' band with his glam look, and hot blonde stunner girlfriends, and Slash started to run him down around L.A. It got back to Stanley, and when Slash called up Paul for some free guitars, Paul told him "better not to talk about people" or something like that, and hung up on him.

Then a war of words started from whoever KISS and GNR's mutual friends were, and Paul started running down 'sleazy' rock acts, which Axl saw was a specific attack at GN'R, so then Axl started to run down KISS, and then Gene started running down Axl...

And apparently it's still alive for Gene. Paul & Slash patched things up at the VH1 Rock Honors, and recently Gene slagged Axl in concert, when Axl hasn't said a thing about him in 20 years.

And the world keeps turnin'... 16

Loaded Revolver
 Rep: 6 

I don't think Stanley was right from any standpoint. The album didn't really take off until Sweet Child was released, there was buzz before that, but Sweet Child sold that album, they had the fluffy hit song on the album to sell it, but from a business standpoint the band would have been forgotten if they turned the rest of the album into an 80's cock rock album. Sweet Child made the album #1 for a few weeks, Jungle, It's So Easy, Night Train, Out Ta Get Me, Brownstone, Paradise City, My Michelle, Think About You, You're Crazy, Anything Goes, and Rocket Queen made the album a classic rock must have for the past 20 years... Those songs are what has kept that album selling a minimum of 10 thousand copies a year for the past 20 years.

Kiss was a makeup wearing, tongue shaped soap on a rope selling gimmick, that put on a great live show, featuring mediocre music with some of the lamest, tackiest, cheesiest lyrics ever written.

If Stanley had his way, we wouldn't be talking about GnR right now, nearly 22 years after the release of Appetite. GnR would have been a "Flavor of the Month" opening act for Kiss on their Crazy Nights tour, like a million other LA bands in the 80's.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't disagree with alot of what you're saying. Although KISS were always majorly commericial, they continued doing what they did best in the 80's in order to reinvent... find what's commercial, adapt, sell records. And they did that. They did the glam thing to almost a purity.

But from a business standpoint, I still think Stanley was right about Jungle. Granted SCOM sold AFD, and I also agree with that, ANY ballad in those days sold rock albums. By 1987 it was a must, and Sweet Child served that purpose. Not only was it as ballad, it was a classic-in-the-making, which just made sales that much more good.

But Jungle was NEVER a hit. They re-released it a few times, and it still never was a major charting hit, and i'm basing that on words uttered by Axl himself.

Even though it was not necessary, apparently, for it to be a hit to sell AFD, still as far as a 'hot single' or a 'hit song' goes, Stanley seems to have been vindicated. Put yourself in 1987, what makes Jungle a hit SONG? You streamline it, and glam that fucker up like it's a Poison song, and it's a #1. Granted this is my opinion, but I think on that level Stanley was right. He just was not right in the aspect that, that was not the direction nor image Guns N' Roses wanted to portray. If anything they were going the opposite direction.

The irony of it all was the way GN'R viewed and treated KISS, was basically the same way GN'R turned around and was treated by Nirvana. They all liked Nirvana, and saw them as a band of the future, and those guys couldn't have cared fuckin' less, and in fact hated the fact GN'R liked them.

Board footer