You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

Gong wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Not much on there.  Announces the dates that we already knew.

It does say, as handsome mentioned that they are setting the stage in the center of the playfield in the domes in Tokyo and Osaka.  This was at the reuqest of the artist who "wants to play a show where they can be close to all of the fans."

Cool.

Sky Dog wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

It does say, as handsome mentioned that they are setting the stage in the center of the playfield in the domes in Tokyo and Osaka.  This was at the reuqest of the artist who "wants to play a show where they can be close to all of the fans."

Any idea on how tickets are selling?

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
madagas wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Any idea on how tickets are selling?

From what I gather by looking at the online ticketing site, not very well.  For the Osaka show, all seats are totally available.  For Tokyo, all are available except the 8000 yen ($80 US) B-rank seats which are running out.

Sky Dog wrote:

not sure what that means but I think there is a reason the band has not confirmed the dates.

The next few months could be interesting.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Could they be putting the stage in the middle so there are more blacked out sections behind it? Therefore they don't have to sell as many tickets?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think a 360 style show would actually mean less blacked out areas in an arena.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

That's a good point.  With crazy optimism, I had also envisioned a 360 degree stage.  Though that might not be the case.  The Japanese doesn't say anything about being visible from all sides, just mentions that the stage will be placed in the center of the field.  Usually, stages are set up at the far end of the playfield, so this certainly would be "closer to the fans."

alex might be on to something.  So far, I haven't be able to find any seating charts or graphics showing the setup...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What would be cool would be a stage, with a ramp that goes into the audience.

Like ac/dc used on the Stiff Upper Lip tour:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that woud be incredible ^^^^^^^^

axl seemed to benefit from this concept at the 02 vma's

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its only a month away and not a peep from the band or management about the tour.
Its a bit of a shame really, I'm no marketing hotshot, but unless I'm mistaken stony silence is not the best way to get bums on seats hmm

Board footer