You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? (Rolling Stone)

apex-twin wrote:

Since the tour date thread is getting clogged, I figured a new one might be opened. There are now four tour dates in existence, confirmed by promoters (if not by the band) and going into pre-sale.

Dec. 11 – Taipei, Taiwan @ Taipei County Stadium
Dec. 13 – Seoul, Korea @ Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium
Dec. 16 – Osaka, Japan @ Osaka Dome
Dec. 19 – Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome

Guns n’ Roses to Tour Southeast Asia? Korea Concert Announced

Almost a year after the release of Chinese Democracy, Guns n’ Roses seem to finally be planning some concerts. Yet another date on the band’s rumored tour of Southeast Asia has hit the Web: according to AllAccess.co.kr Website, there’s a December 13th show at Seoul, Korea’s Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium. Our Korean is a bit shaky, but it appears tickets for the concert go on sale October 6th.

The official Guns n’ Roses Website still doesn’t show any mention of tour dates in Southeast Asia, but that site isn’t exactly routinely maintained and updated. So far, a pair of concerts in Japan — in Osaka and Tokyo — and a December 11th concert in Taipei, Taiwan has also been announced by third parties, but no official word yet from Gn’R reps. There have also been rumors of Axl Rose and friends performing a couple shows in India, but the details of those shows are less firm than the rest of the Asia concerts. It goes without saying that China will likely not be included in the itinerary of any tour of Asia, considering that Chinese Democracy might not be that well-received there.

Earlier this year, as Rolling Stone previously reported, guitarist Richard Fortus said that a Chinese Democracy tour would launch in late March 2009 and last for over two years, but that obviously was not the case. Gn’R also announced in March that guitarist DJ Ashba would join the band for an “upcoming tour,” but that never came to fruition. Since then, things have been dormant on the Axl Rose front — the video for “Better” still hasn’t been released, even though it was reported as nearly finished back in December 2008.

- http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … announced/

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

That article details exactly why GNR is a clusterfuck. Good to have this thread starting over again though, have all the info at the front.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Haha, how can Axl in company read that and not be embarrassed?

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

Nice post.

Concerts are looking very likely...new songs though?

Could we hear Soulmonster or no love remains at the shows??

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That article is highly accurate yet extremely embarrassing. Not a good way for casual fans to be reintroduced to a soon to be touring GNR.

Axl needs to go on the offensive and do a media blitz so these outlets don't have to use quotes from a guitarist that 99.9% of the world doesn't know and even his own fans cant hear on the album.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that somehow today some people will defend Axl on this?  This article is embarassing to say the least for Axl.  Why don't he and management just don't fix the problems?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dont know why it mentions the india shows....I thought they'd been confirmed as false by the people involved.

As for the rest, it might be emabarrising, but it shows people still care, they have fuck all facts to work with  yet rollingstone are still writing an article about GNR.....

I think its a vicious circle myself. They print bullshit cos no one knows what's going on, but then the more bullshit they print, the more GNR punishes them by staying quiet to not help them, because they think they're  bullshit. And so they make up some more shit...and it continues.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

doesn't azoff 'pull strings' at rolling stone?
if he does, doesn't look good does it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Haha, how can Axl in company read that and not be embarrassed?

Because Axl & co. don't give a fuck.

Never have.

Sky Dog wrote:
axlgod wrote:

doesn't azoff 'pull strings' at rolling stone?
if he does, doesn't look good does it.

no, see here is how it works, if it is a negative article, then it is the truth and even Azoff can't save it. But, if it is a positive review by a critic well known and respected in the industry, then it is a situation where Azoff "bought" the review and somehow controls Rolling Stone. 19

Board footer