You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash Sahara Japan 5" CD SINGLE

Mikkamakka wrote:

The rhythm guitar has an AC/DC feel. The singer isn't exciting, but at least not annoying. Slash's solo is pretty cool, finally he's really back. This song is promising.

Just to add, its feel kinda awkward because the song was in japanese, how to understand lol.... if the song was sung in english, should be better... but whatever it is, still looking forward for Slash' work! when i diggin further, the singer (B'z vocalist) actually a big name in Japan and extremely famous, i think that's why Slash choose him. But hopefully Slash select him because he's good, not because of his fame..

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
night at the studio wrote:

Just to add, its feel kinda awkward because the song was in japanese, how to understand lol.... if the song was sung in english, should be better... but whatever it is, still looking forward for Slash' work! when i diggin further, the singer (B'z vocalist) actually a big name in Japan and extremely famous, i think that's why Slash choose him. But hopefully Slash select him because he's good, not because of his fame..

well, from the interview it sounded like he liked the band (b'z). from what i understand he should've played with them a couple years ago but the show(s) did not happen in the end?

the song itself sounded pretty good, although i think the best is yet to come, so we shouldn't form an opinion about the album over one song.

p.s. welcome aboard 21

yeah, u right. i guess. actually i forgot about the album, kept on thinking about the single, big_smile i guess i has high expectation or maybe too excited~ need to listen to the full version.

actually what Slash mention about the canceled show is velvet revolver tour in japan a couple years ago, he dont know about B'z coz he said somebody just give him the B'z cd and then decided to invite Koshi in his work.

p.s yeah, thanks supaplex.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's sounds like total throwback, journey-esque, 80's cheese guitar to me. I'll wait to hear the whole song, but I've got high hopes for his album.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I listened to that youtube clip yesterday and thought it was pretty good.  I'm looking forward to this album alot.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Just came across this, the first sample of the new track you can hear playing in the background of the interview. There's some cool Slash soloing and riffing going on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxbG2E4XVE

It's no longer there. sad  I can't believe that artists or labels can be so stupid to make youtube remove the free promotional videos. 17

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sahara

Awesome. Sounds good.

Use Your Illusion-esque guitar solo.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Paradise City

Oh, dear...

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, that cover is awful and should have never been made. Bad idea, even worse materialization.

But Slash's solo is great in Sahara. The rhythm guitar is pretty much Snakepit II.

Board footer