You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Slash Sahara Japan 5" CD SINGLE

Gong wrote:

Slash-Sahara-486870.jpg

Slash feat. Koshi Inaba, "Sahara" (2009 Japanese exclusive 2-track CD single from the legendary guitarist, taken from his Slash And Friends solo album, featuring Japanese vocalist Koshi Inaba from hard rock duo B'z, includes a version of "Paradise City" feat. Cypress Hill and Fergie; digipak sleeve + obi strip).

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalo … 01D271-Fri

Slash and Friends Updated Album News: http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2 … iends.html

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

£19 for a 2 track cd ? LOL I`ll wait for the 5 finger discount before I do that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder if his people and Axls people had to iron out anything if Paradise City is on it. Mabye its from one of his live shows?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and the wheels are officially in motion...i'd definately like to hear whatever's on there but i'd not spend more than $5 on a cd single

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

yeah..
£10 for anyone that can send me a copy LOL
im kidding

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This needs to hit Itunes ASAP.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

release date says nov 11 on that link that fatdrunk posted

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I wonder if his people and Axls people had to iron out anything if Paradise City is on it. Mabye its from one of his live shows?

Produced by Eric Valentine (Smash Mouth, Queens of the Stone Age, The All-American Rejects), Slash has recorded 19 tracks for the album including "Paradise City" (featuring Fergie and Cypress Hill, "Sahara" (featuring Koshi Inaba), "Your Friends Can Come Too," "We're All Gonna Die," "These Last Words," "Crucify the Dead," "Beautiful, Dangerous," "A Saint is a Sinner Too" & "Safe in Your Cage."

I guess that answers your question, by the sounds of it maybe Paradise City is the cover song that Slash was referring to that he recorded.

I wonder how Slash got around that though? We all know Axl can't release the re-recorded AFD without consent of the other original members, so how did Slash get this past?

I don't know about the Fergie/Cypress Hill vocals, but I'm curious to hear a new studio version of Paradise City with modern production, and with Josh Freese playing drums, that would be pretty killer.

I just thought too, Josh would also be on Axl's re-recorded AFD too. Must be kinda strange for him...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I wonder how Slash got around that though? We all know Axl can't release the re-recorded AFD without consent of the other original members, so how did Slash get this past?

It shows that the hate may not run as deep as implied by various statements and fan bickering.

If he truly was a "cancer", he wouldn't be willing to sign off on something like this.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm not sure how songwriting credits work, but if Slash has a writing credit on Paradise City, I don't think he needs anyone else's permission to re-record the song.  Think of all the greatest hits packages that are out there with re-recorded versions of songs from a band's older catalogue.  The band could be made up of a bunch of different people, but because one or two of the main guys is still there, they don't have to do anything to get around it.

Re-recording an entire album is also completely different than re-recording a song or two.

Board footer