You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

James wrote:

I think people are blowing the timer out of proportion. Axl isn't going to make a statement when it hits zero in each time zone.

More than likely, some sort of announcement(official or not) will be made tomorrow. At the least we'll see more dates pop up.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought the site would at least reveal some dates when it hit zero, why bother with a feckin countdown to a "major concert announcment" if its a countdown to naff all.

James

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I thought the site would at least reveal some dates when it hit zero, why bother with a feckin countdown to a "major concert announcment" if its a countdown to naff all.

The fan base has been trying to solve Scooby Doo mysteries for over 10 years. The countdown banner isn't all that surprising. It just creates a little suspense for the hardcores.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as SOMEBODY makes a statement. If hours turn into days and days turn into weeks and still nothing, then yeah the whole thing was pointless.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I really feel bad for the people who think this is a hoax. It's on TICKETMASTER for chrissakes. Not as "Guns & Roses", the theatre-act (a rumor taken WAY too far); but as "Guns N' Roses." Official announcements will happen on Monday. The dates are scheduled for January.

I know the band hasn't done shit in a year, but GN'R isn't dead.

James

James wrote:

It isn't that naysayers think its a hoax. Its that they think its 2001 all over again, and band and management's silence is what feeds that line of thinking.

If Axl or Azoff spend two seconds to step up to the plate and confirm this, then the percentage of people believing this will happen reaches 100%.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah hopefully Azoff will speak out soon, I never had him down as being the type to fall in line with the GNR wall of silence policy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Does anyone know if there is a show scheduled for Montreal? A member on another board said a date was announced for January 27th in Montreal. Just curious if anyone else can confirm that.
As far as the counter goes mine's at one hour 40 minutes.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yeah hopefully Azoff will speak out soon, I never had him down as being the type to fall in line with the GNR wall of silence policy.

Unfortunately I think history has proven that it is wise to say nothing until the very last possible second if at all.

That way if things go to shit it's much easier to sweep it all under the carpet by saying that it was simply promoters or the record company etc etc getting ahead of themsevles and jumping the gun when really nothing had been agreed on etc etc.

But if it has been confirmed straight from the horses mouth it is much harder to duck and weave responsiblity later.

Good luck to em I say and I hope they get it off the ground.  But shit until Red hits the stage on the night nothing is guaranteed.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a show scheduled for Montreal? A member on another board said a date was announced for January 27th in Montreal. Just curious if anyone else can confirm that.
As far as the counter goes mine's at one hour 40 minutes.

GNR will indeed be playing in Montreal on January 27 2010.  What I wanna see confirmed is if they play in Moncton.

Board footer