You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Your GNR dream set list

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Wow.  I am in the minority to love Dead Horse.  This and Locomotive are some of the best songs from the GNR catalog in my opinion.

I got Dead Horse in mine but I threw a twist in it and have them doing an acoustic version. Dead Horse to me is Gn'R's most classic sounding rock song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Bono and Russ.  Either accoustic or electric.  If I end up going to the Moncton show and they play Dead Horse it would probly be one of the best b-day gift ever.  They play on my b-day and I ain't even sure to go.  Gotta love having a tight budget.  *lol*  But I would shit myself as well.  And Dead Horse and Locomotive I'll not only shit myself but well let's just say my pants will be dirty all lover.  *lol*

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

More UYI. A lot of good, unmined songs that'll pass as good new songs for a number of concertgoers.

More CD. An artist should stand by his work.

Less AFD. Axl, stop fooling yourself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Agreed. That would be my biggest request, and is start to move away from AFD. It's time for the band to move on. No more than 5 songs should be played from that album, and personally I would actually say only the "big three".

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

is there a rule that epics are harder to sing?

NR is one of the easiest gnr songs to sing
Estranged isn't very difficult either

Doubt there's a universal rule, but having to sing for 10 minutes without much of a break has got to be a bit tiring. Doing this periodically all night cant be easy.

While Estranged may not be "difficult" to sing, kinda interesting how most performances of it blow.

Think of why they suck tho. They're usually at the very end of the setlist when Axl's voice is a bit worn out from singing all the other, harder songs

The best version of Estranged is on Live Era and that one is re-recorded...

Performance vise, I believe, that the song lacked momentum due to the lack of guitars.

Slash just wasn't backed up enough with Izzy's/Gilby's amps turned down. With three guitarists (and those issues gone) it may be an "easier" task.

Axl himself said that he would like to see it return. I hope he meant it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl even referenced the song in 2002 as one of GNR's best, including November Rain also.

I certaintly thinks he knows it's quite possibly the most popular GN'R song among the diehard fans. But even in Making the Fucking Videos, the old band pretty much admitted taht the song is difficult as fucking hell to play, and that was for the guys who wrote it.

The easiest part on Estranged is actually the vocals.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

The best version of Estranged is on Live Era and that one is re-recorded...

Performance vise, I believe, that the song lacked momentum due to the lack of guitars.

Slash just wasn't backed up enough with Izzy's/Gilby's amps turned down. With three guitarists (and those issues gone) it may be an "easier" task.

Axl himself said that he would like to see it return. I hope he meant it.

is that the Tokyo version? It didn't sound too bad.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ritz 91 performance of Estranged is great, Axls nails it, Rio was good as well. But you can still hear his voice getting a bit creaky and croaky at some points and it just got worse as that tour went on.
I wish during the chats someone had asked him about any issues he has had with his singing voice over the years, would be pretty interesting. Its funny how you can identify the era a bootleg recording is from, just because of what he sounds like on it.

Board footer