You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

Went to the game today - Vanek's injury destroyed the Sabres. Not an excuse, because they should've been able to get past that but they couldn't. Hate to see someone go down, especially a star player, on a penalty (which was called - no bitching to the refs). 1-1 now and the Sabres are missing their best forward and their best defensive forward (Hecht). Going to be difficult to win this series.

They were 31-0 when leading after 2 periods until today. Bad time to break that streak. They also hadn't blown a 2 goal lead all year.

Up 1-0 in the series, 2-0 in the game at home with everything going your way, then that injury happens and you end up losing. Things could've been very different.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

man-o-man this is gonna be a hell of a playoff year

dont think you will get the chance to see theodore in montreasl backslash 16 though to be fair both those goals were hardly his fault

Communist China

Dan Boyle must feel so terrible right now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Heatly was what i thought may push the sharks over the round one hump this year...seeing as he is hurt it aint lookin good for them...and anderson is hot for the avs

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

the worst thing that could possibly happen to the bruins...a series lead.

here comes their worst enemy: complacency.

Communist China

The Sabres look like slow midgets against Boston. I really don't see how Buffalo will be able to win with no powerplay goals and no 3rd period goals. Considering Vanek and Hecht's injuries, and asking kids like Ennis and Kennedy to be difference makers, the Sabres just don't look like they can do it. Lydman's been terrible too, and Rivet is really getting old. The team just seems too small, too young, and lacks depth.

Communist China

God, that hurt.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

sorry cc. but seriously the bruins suck as front runners. look for this series to go at least 6

Communist China

Pittsburgh and San Jose can clinch tonight. Vancouver really dominated game 5, and they just looked better than LA. Montreal managed to avoid elimination despite the Caps and the refs best effort (in games 2 and 5 I've really sensed that the refs were favoring Washington). Sabres win nicely, but the NHL decided to throw out the rulebook and let Chara play game 6, which upsets me somewhat.

Communist China

Both the Pens and Sharks advance. Coyotes spanked the Wings in Detroit this afternoon to force the first game 7 of the playoffs! Exciting stuff, and I just have to root for Phoenix. Hoping the Kings can force game 7 tonight as well.

Hossa doesn't get suspended so the Hawks have to be happy. The Preds should've had that game, and it'll probably come back to haunt them.

Board footer