You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Canadian Tour Openers - Bach and Danko Jones

war wrote:

where's catcher on that list??????????????????

i agree that it is unlikley but i won't be stunned if we get a re-release with a few new tracks and, consequently, get to hear them live

or

one or two new songs played live randomly.

and you said, there is no reason to play a new song, not that it won't happen 19

I love you, James 15

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

In Los Angles in 2006, some hardcores got a chant going for Prostitute at some point during the show. The chants were ignored. The song was actually an alternate on the set list.

On the flip side of the coin: At the first Hammerstein show in 2k6, the hardcores chanted TWAT, and what happened? The band jumped right into it after Axl and Tommy were hugging it out.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

In Los Angles in 2006, some hardcores got a chant going for Prostitute at some point during the show. The chants were ignored. The song was actually an alternate on the set list.

On the flip side of the coin: At the first Hammerstein show in 2k6, the hardcores chanted TWAT, and what happened? The band jumped right into it after Axl and Tommy were hugging it out.

s

That had already leaked, while it had never been played live people had been listening to it for months.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

s

That had already leaked, while it had never been played live people had been listening to it for months.

Yeah I think the band made a conscious effort to only play the new songs that had leaked.  We had already heard half the album, why give us anymore when it was still unclear when/if the album would come out?

war

war wrote:

and to make things more interesting
the band played silk worms live in '02

that has not yet leaked or been released

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they were testing the waters to see what was gonna take hold in 2002

war

war wrote:

i know but we're discussing their willingness or lack there of to play unheard material

the fact that the songs leaked makes them heard
they then played them live.

another angle is that they were released on cd cause they were leaked and played live

either way you look at it - between the cd tours and the cd release we were given as little new material a possible

not true for only one song - silk worms

although some of us may like the songs it's safe to say they knew it was not a big gun by any stretch of the imagination and threw it out there, like you said, to see what kinda of reception it got and then became irrelevant.

no reason other than hunch but i seriously think we will hear a brand new song on this tour (if it expands past asia and canada) even if there is no re-release of cd with new tracks.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

you're gonna be disappointed....

just some words of wisdom...expect the worst then you wont be disappointed

for some reason gnr fans always expect the sun moon and stars and are upset when all we get is a flashlight

war

war wrote:

i don't expect anything, neemo

just a hunch

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i don't expect anything, neemo

just a hunch

haha you've been trying to convince yourself that they will play an unheard song for 4 pages tongue

i wouldning expect anything beyond whats been released on CD...axl even said himself

For now we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album

Board footer