You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

ereeper wrote:

10:08 PM 10/29/2009
  Well, what can I say. What a long, strange trip it's been. As I type this, I just cannot beleive that I am announcing to all of you that yes, we will be going on the road with GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES IN MY HOMETOWN COUNTRY OF CANADA IN JANUARY & FEBRUARY OF 2010 !!!!

Wow.

It felt really, really good to type that sentence.

It's time to sit back & realize, hey, we have been doing this a long time. From Guns N' Roses taking us on tour in North America & Europe in 1991 , Australia & New Zealand in 1993, taking us out again in America, Europe, & Canada in 2006, Axl Rose & myself recording 'Sorry' for 'Chinese Democracy' & 'Back In The Saddle', '(Love Is) A Bitchslap', & 'Stuck Inside' for my album 'Angel Down', taking us out again in Australia & New Zealand in 2007....are you noticing a theme here? Loyalty? Friendship? Commitment? Passion? For Rock N' Roll. For Life. For Fun. For You,  the Rock Fans who make it all possible. For the love of music, having a good time, & kicking out the motherfucking JAMS.

This tour of Canada means so much to me on so many levels. I grew up in Canada. It was always my dream to play the big concert stages in Toronto. To me, playing Air Canada Centre twice in 3 years, 21 years after my first album came out, is so above & beyond my childhood dreams, it really is hard to fathom. Hamilton, London, Moncton, Halifax: I HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY OF THESE CITIES IN MY LIFE! I have literally been waiting 21 years to come to these cities & sing '18 & Life' 'I Remember You' 'Youth Gone Wild ' etc. After touring the world for 25 years , it is astonishing to me that there are still cities that I have never played. Turns out there's alot! Montreal: I have been waiting to come back & sing for you since 1992 !! It blows my mind that I have not played Montreal since 1992. The last show I played in Montreal was with Pantera opening up the show. I distinctly remember the crowd in Montreal at the Skid Row / Pantera show in 1992 as being one of the most vociferous / ferocious / intense / loud / craziest crowds I have ever had the pleasure of rocking out with in my entire career. When I sometimes think of the greatest crowds I have ever seen, the greatest , coolest times of my life, the last moment of leaving the stage in Montreal in 1992 & facing the rockers of Montreal that night, always comes to mind. So does the Air Canada Centre show in 2006. The reception Toronto gave my band that night is something I will never, ever forget. The fact that we get to do it all again, so soon, is just fucking excellent. Calgary, Winnepeg, Quebec City: You completely rocked at the 2006 shows. I watched these full concerts on proshot video (check it out for yourself on the 'ROADRAGE' DVD) & there is no way Canada could be more into the music than they were on the 2006 tour. Or can you top it ???? Hey we sure will have fun trying right !! Ha!!

Of course, none of this would be possible without the vision & generosity of one single man: Mr. Axl Rose. A man I am so unbeleivably proud, & fortunate, to call my friend. A man whose unwavering voice, lyrics, & vision have been the soundtrack to our lives for more than 20 years now. I cannot WAIT to stand at the side of the stage every night, waiting for my favorite song 'Street Of Dreams ' to come around in the set. I cannot wait for the camaraderie, fun, & sense of purpose the Road brings. I cannot wait to scream my fucking guts out into a microphone in the biggest cities, on the biggest stages, that my hometown country has to offer. I can't wait to see all my friends & family at the shows in Canada. One thing's for sure: I don't have to wait long!! CYA SOON CANADA !! IT'S TIME TO ROCK!! AGAIN!! I love it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Just fuck already!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Here's a towel Baz.  Hope the smell won't stay in your nose.  Oh Baz there's still a little brown spot left on your nose.  Oh and by the way did you see Slash while in there?

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I really don't get all the Bach hate.  I saw Skid Row open for Guns in 91 and they were great.  Saw Baz open for Guns in 06 and loved it.  He supports the band and is a much better opener then CKWHY? or Mix Master Mike.  I would much rather hear Bach open then any nu-metal or emo crap too.

Now I would like to see My Michelle off the set, but we'll see on that one.  The addition of Bach may mean the addition of My Michelle.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I really don't get all the Bach hate.  I saw Skid Row open for Guns in 91 and they were great.  Saw Baz open for Guns in 06 and loved it.  He supports the band and is a much better opener then CKWHY? or Mix Master Mike.  I would much rather hear Bach open then any nu-metal or emo crap too.

Absolutely agree. Bach is Bach, if a fly farts, he gets excited. No wonder that he's in ecstasy when gets the chance again to support such a huge brand, and play in his home country. I saw Bach in 2005 or 2006, he played in a tiny club. The set was pure Skid Row nostalgia with some new songs and covers here and there. The place almost bombed, Baz shined.

On the other hand I understand that people frustrated that they'll get the same opening band again. But GN'R fans need to get used to the fact that the GN'R family is similar to the mafia. Only those people can get the job who earned Axl's trust with their extreme loyalty. If the guy can play or sing or attract a huge crowd, well, that's a bonus.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm a Bach fan. Yeah, I said it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol bigbri

to answer the question - people hate on bach because he takes brown noseing to a new and annoying level with his love for axl rose, to the point that axl had to tell him to stop promoting cd cause he was getting the info wrong, in '06.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
ereeper wrote:

Absolutely agree. Bach is Bach, if a fly farts, he gets excited. No wonder that he's in ecstasy when gets the chance again to support such a huge brand, and play in his home country. I saw Bach in 2005 or 2006, he played in a tiny club. The set was pure Skid Row nostalgia with some new songs and covers here and there. The place almost bombed, Baz shined.

On the other hand I understand that people frustrated that they'll get the same opening band again. But GN'R fans need to get used to the fact that the GN'R family is similar to the mafia. Only those people can get the job who earned Axl's trust with their extreme loyalty. If the guy can play or sing or attract a huge crowd, well, that's a bonus.

Well said Mikka.  Axl's had some issues with opening bands in the past, Eagles of Death Metal anyone.  He knows what he's getting with Bach, he's friends with him, it's the safe choice.  Plus there is and always has been a 3rd band on the bill.  It's not like it's just Baz and GNR.  Maybe Danko Jones will knock your socks off if you don't like Baz.  If it takes Bach to keep Axl in line and sane, then I'm all for it.  Plus, I'm a Bach fan too.  Dig that Angel Down and Skid Row classics.  Interested to see what that teenage guitarist can do.  Heck that kid is friends with Ron or has some connection to GNR too.  It's a family affair.  I don't see the harm.

And it's not really the same show.  Danko Jones wasn't there last time.  GNR will HOPEFULLY be playing more of CD this time around.  So if it's Baz you don't like, you can skip his set if you choose.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl is a sensitive man and has a hard time saying no

look at all of the musicians he has had in the band in the last 10 years that fans have cried out for him to get rid of.

if he were not friends with bach he would not be the opening act

Board footer