You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

DCK wrote:

Axl and Slash are as big as they possibly can be in 2009, all things considered. They're not U2, but only a handful is on that level. They have way way more cred than most bands from their period of time and genre. To say they are has-beens etc is simply not true.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

True, granted they aren't Jani Lane territory, or any other of those guys.

But they ain't exactly doing stadiums like U2 either.

If Bono reformed U2 without any of the other guys and The Edge went off with the other guys to make a new band, they wouldn't be filling stadiums either. 

Had the original band survived somehow and released decent albums every 3-4 years, I don't think there's any reason to believe they wouldn't at least be close to U2's status today - at least in the US.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
TSI wrote:

May I be a thorn in everybody's side and mention that BonJovi put out a country album as well? I have a wide highway of musical tastes and I actually like Willie Nelson (gasp!) But it's not the genre I listen to the most, although I can claim classical, and some blues in my collection. I don't let popular opinion dictate my listening tastes, nor do I rely on some chart.
I don't see the need for the big hatefest on Bas, the dude stays busy, and when GNR calls he changes plans and answers that call..no second thoughts needed. They could have done far worse than picking Bas for an opener. As for the negative things that were previously said, Izzy said some negative things as well in the past,
But, it didn't prevent him from taking the stage with GNR in 06'.
Sometimes friendship is more important than hastily issued statements, Some character flaws can be overlooked- and these two guys haven't got a history of litigation against Axl, unlike slash,steven and duff. And to change the topic slash will be covering Paradise City with Fergie on his upcoming album.....:(
make anybody else nauseous? This to me is proof positive he is lacking in the integrity department,and has sunk to new levels of sellout! I don't believe a word he says, after the denial of the 530am visit, slagging on VR, and damn that guy can't keep a band together!!  big_smile
Okay rumbling ramble over for now wink

Slash has sunk low indeed.  And as for him being a liar.  He lies in his biography about the situation where Axl allegedly made them sign away the GNR name.  At one point he says it was before a show and a few chapters later he says it happened in a restaurant or something.  And they're not two separated events.  I hate to say this but Slash should keep his mouth shut.  And yeah I do believe the 5:30 am incident too.  As for Baz.  See my previous posts.  *lol*

Yes, covering "Jungle" with Fergie has forever delegated him to having a studio musician mentality. And what the fuck was he trying to accomplish by going to the viper room, with Adler in tow
the night Dizzy and Fortus played? I smell bad intentions, as in ambush. Slash needs to remove his balls from Perla's Purse, and do some damage control, he is overexposing himself to the max.
As most know the feud between GNR & Poison has deep roots.
Personally I would have loved to see BLS open for Guns, now that would have been a great show! People can bitch about Zakk and his pinched harmonics, but He is a monster on guitar, and on piano as well. Love his cover of "Whiter shade of pale".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

Can't please all the people all the time, 06-07 tour, 08 Album release
09-10 tour....I'd rather have this number of carefully calculated moves than have ten Albums worth of shit, and half-Ass county fair tours. Some people will never be satisfied, and I truly believe that.
They try to live vicariously through GNR and when plans don't go to suit them, they bitch,whine,and moan!!!!  I'm satisfied with the movement we have, and I won't succumb to the negativity of some
overly expectant 13 year old experts on the forums. 13

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
TSI wrote:

Can't please all the people all the time, 06-07 tour, 08 Album release
09-10 tour....I'd rather have this number of carefully calculated moves than have ten Albums worth of shit, and half-Ass county fair tours. Some people will never be satisfied, and I truly believe that.
They try to live vicariously through GNR and when plans don't go to suit them, they bitch,whine,and moan!!!!  I'm satisfied with the movement we have, and I won't succumb to the negativity of some
overly expectant 13 year old experts on the forums. 13

You are the first person to describe the whole CD debacle as a series of "carefully calculated moves". It's quite obviously anything but that.

However your suggestion of BLS on tour with GNR is a good one. However that would definitely have to be a Co-Headline thing. GNR can't open for BLS and BLS are too big to open for GNR, they're roughly on the same level. However they actually do have quite a similiar sound with both bands having a fair few piano ballad tracks and them both having blues rock roots.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

However your suggestion of BLS on tour with GNR is a good one. However that would definitely have to be a Co-Headline thing. GNR can't open for BLS and BLS are too big to open for GNR, they're roughly on the same level. However they actually do have quite a similiar sound with both bands having a fair few piano ballad tracks and them both having blues rock roots.

I recently saw BLS with Mudvayne.  I assumed it was co-headline, but it wasn't.  A couple other bands played before BLS, but they played under an hour and their sound and lights were nil compared to Mudvayne.  If they can open for Mudvayne they can open for GNR.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

BLS could open for Guns, easily. There's no question who's the bigger band. That would've been a cool combination.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Regardless with BLS you don't need a second opener. Just have BLS play for about an hour and a bit and then have Guns do about a two hour long set. That's perfect. Maybe get a local band to play half an hour before BLS if you feel there needs to be two opening acts.

Board footer