You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: From sebastianbach.com

Neemo wrote:

at least baz has you posting gnfnraxl.....i dont hink you've been online this much in a year 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

at least baz has you posting gnfnraxl.....i dont hink you've been online this much in a year 16

*lol*  Coincidence Neemo.  Just have a little more free time.  Plus it's an interesting debate.  I love to see some members defend Baz.  Makes it interesting.  And just so you know guys.  I may debate with you but deep down I know I'm right.  tongue  Seriously I respect your opinion.  BTW Neemo.  Did you get your tix yet?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

no...i'll post a pic in the other thread when i get them smile

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

no...i'll post a pic in the other thread when i get them smile

Cool!  Me I'm still debating if I'm going or not.  If I was sure to not get an exact repeat from the 06 show then I'd probly have bought a ticket.  After all I'll probly never get another chance to see Axl's band play on my b-day.  I'll probly wait till the last week to see if I can get a deal similar to the one I had in 06.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm aware Baz and Axl weren't the best of friends for a time there.  I wasn't aware that Baz was trashing Axl during that time.  Do you have any quotes or anything?  Not that I don't believe you, but I wouldn't mind reading them.  And yes I realize he tried out for VR.  I wanted him to get the gig in fact.  And he's still friends with Slash.  I'm not as big an Axlite as you might think.  I still like Slash, liked VR.  I don't hate people because they say bad things about Axl.  Scott Weiland bagged on Axl, yet I was still a fan of VR and STP.  People are free to think what they want.

I like Baz, and I actually really dug Angel Down, and not just the tracks Axl was on.  "You Don't Understand" is probably my favorite song on the album.  The title track is good.  The 2 ballads are good.

Most importantly though, it seems to me like Baz is good for Axl.  I won't go so far to say that Axl couldn't have gone on in the music biz without him, but I do think he helped to a point.  His optimism may have given Axl a bit of a push.  Does Baz lay it on thick?  Sure, but I think it's genuine.  I don't think he's just saying what he thinks Axl wants to hear.

Anyway, why are we so concerned with the opening act again?  Isn't it enough that GNR are getting back out on the road.  They could have the World Table Tennis Championships opening the show and I'd be happy with that.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, people are concerned that people won't come out to see the shows because they're not impressed with the lineup.  AGAIN, maybe Axl would rather keep himself sane and happy by taking a friend he knows he can trust on tour with him instead of the unknown.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

They could have the World Table Tennis Championships opening the show and I'd be happy with that.

oh yeah!!!! 9 imagine these guys playing behind the band during "if the world"? that would own 11

Sky Dog wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

*lol*  Coincidence Neemo.  Just have a little more free time.  Plus it's an interesting debate.  I love to see some members defend Baz.  Makes it interesting.  And just so you know guys.  I may debate with you but deep down I know I'm right.  tongue  Seriously I respect your opinion.  BTW Neemo.  Did you get your tix yet?

Now, that is actually funny. Every post in this thread is as predictable as it gets and was played out in 2006....hardly "interesting".:peace:

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Now, that is actually funny. Every post in this thread is as predictable as it gets and was played out in 2006....hardly "interesting".:peace:

Hey I'm trying to be optimistic here.  wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't like Baz for two main reasons....

1. He hasn't recorded a decent song in 15 years.

Well at least that makes sence as a reason not to like him. For my taste, I disagee, I really enjoyed Angel Down, there's a few songs on there i thought where great....i loved the ending of "By My Side", his take on "Back in the Saddle" with Axl was fun, and American Metal Head and Angel down itself were also good fun metal songs to rock out to.

2. He blames his own fans for the lack of success of his records, then tells those who bought his crap that they shouldn't expect anymore anytime soon. Yes monkeychow, when he said that shit he was talking to YOU.

Well he blamed downloading for making it not viable for him, and I think he's right. We all like to download, and there's exceptions to the rule - notably MIA and some of your favourite artists james - but we all know that if this was 1989 and the net ran at worse than dial up rates still, and there was no audio compression, that albums would sell a damn lot more than they do now. Should he come to terms with it? Maybe...but he's from a time when people paid for music more readily than they do today, and he doesn't like it now. Can't say I blame him...especially when...if I'm not mistaken large parts of Angel Down were self funded.

Yeah he said not to expect stuff for a while. But I'd feel the same way. If i poored all my time and effort and a huge wad of my personal cash into something, and then got told i'm not relevant and that music should be free and whatever else I read on here - then l'd likely have a bit of word about it as well 14

Since he made those comments he's communicated a lot with his fans, and he's talked about new music he is recording and stuff, so I think it's being given too much weight. I think he was just expression his frustration with the state of the industry.

Just because this guy gets an opening slot on GNR tours doesn't mean I have to start liking him.

No fair enough, but my like of him has nothing to do with GNR really. If he and Axl had some kind of spat, I'd go see his shows (as I have) seperately (as well as GNR) - he's a good showman to me and thats that. You don't have to like him...but i get fed up of reading how he's a "joke" when he's actually a very good entertainer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's nothing wrong with bringing Baz on tour once.  At some point or another though, it's time to give the fans something different.  The same setlist with the same opener isn't going to encourage a lot of new audience members or repeat customers outside of the few hardcore fans.  Axl needs to give fans a reason to go to the show, and if it's not going to be his varied setlist, it needs to be a more interesting opener.

To me it doesn't actually make that much difference who the opener is. If i go to a headline act show, it's for the headliner in general. The other act is basicly a bonus. In this case I like Baz so it's added value for me, but he could put mary poppins on ice on first and I'd sit through it waiting for GNR.

And if fans need that much enticment to go to a show, then maybe they shouldn't be going in the end. You know like if GNR is your favourite band - and it's a chance to see GNR - then great. Or in your case buzz it's 1/5 of your favourite band 16 But to my mind - we know what Axl is delivering - we know the band (like it or hate it) we have the new album, we have the old album, and we know basicly what will happen. A person either likes that stuff enough to attend a show or doesn't. And each to their own.

Trying to fill the place with fans of other acts is risky, unless u find a perfectly complemetary band. I'm just saying, if a person is so unsure about the band that having baz open the show not someone else would make up their mind not to go, then I doubt they'd have been that happy anyway.

Board footer