You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Let it go, man. Let it go...

metallex78
 Rep: 188 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

metallex78 wrote:

Here's the track with Slash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMObZ8iQU4

Pretty unimpressive, it's the first 15 seconds of the song and it sounds like they put his guitar through the same shitty effects they put her shitty voice through.


Why Slash, WHY????



I'm a pretty big Slash fan, but this is just fucking LAME.

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

faldor wrote:

good find metallex.  Is that really the song though?  Not what I expected from the song title.  The song sounds okay to me but why bring Slash into the studio and only use him for a 15 second intro?  A sweet solo towards the end was just what the doctor ordered and it wasn't administered.

I don't think you can blame Slash, he did what he was brought in to do.  I just think they should've had him do a little more.  Richard Fortus could've handled that workload, and probably would've cost a lot less.

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

It's all about PR, man.

Welcome to show business!

SERIOUS MODE [ON!]

And slamming Richard Fortus for playing with Rihanna while defending Slash for doing the same is equally pathetic as those who do the opposite. Seriously.

Humans are capable of expressing their opinions without any double standards.

SERIOUS MODE [/OFF!]

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

bigbri wrote:

LOL. ^^^

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

bigbri wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Here's the track with Slash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMObZ8iQU4

Pretty unimpressive, it's the first 15 seconds of the song and it sounds like they put his guitar through the same shitty effects they put her shitty voice through.


Why Slash, WHY????



I'm a pretty big Slash fan, but this is just fucking LAME.

True. What's the point? It doesn't even fit with the song.

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

faldor wrote:

I think we're just way out of touch with the POP world because someone over on HTGTH posted that this isn't "Rockstar 101".  It's the song "Russian Roulette", which makes a hell of a lot more sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KNxTV1 … re=related

Is that Slash at the beginning though?

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

And slamming Richard Fortus for playing with Rihanna while defending Slash for doing the same is equally pathetic as those who do the opposite. Seriously.

I assume this is a swipe at me since I'm pretty much the president of the "anti Fortus faction"....

Nobody "slams" him for playing with Rihanna. The people who get slammed are the Fortus tards who think its wonderful when their idol plays with pop tarts but its pure evil when Slash does it. Its hypocrisy at its finest and you can expect sane people to periodically call them out on their bullshit.

I may have to start checking the other boards again for some shits and giggles. Watching people who hate Slash complain about how he sounds on a Rihanna song he isn't playing on is pure comedy gold.  I may drop dead from laughter.

This song is everywhere, yet GNR fans couldn't even identify it. I'm shocked that all them forum junkies who hang out in clubs guaranteeing If the World was gonna be the club anthem of the ages didn't hear this. THIS is what's playing in the clubs.

I must now call their club hit predicting ability into question. 16


People are foaming at the mouth so bad to shit on Slash's contribution. Rihanna forum members should flood the GNR sites with clips of Rihanna songs spanning her discog saying its 'ROCKSTAR 101'.

If a Rihanna fan happens to read this, please kick start 'Operation Media Whore' with a clip of 'Music of the Sun'.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

And slamming Richard Fortus for playing with Rihanna while defending Slash for doing the same is equally pathetic as those who do the opposite. Seriously.

I assume this is a swipe at me since I'm pretty much the president of the "anti Fortus faction"....

Nobody "slams" him for playing with Rihanna. The people who get slammed are the Fortus tards who think its wonderful when their idol plays with pop tarts but its pure evil when Slash does it. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

One note to add: I can't believe I need to point out it again and again: Slash's playing for Rihanna, the contribution on her record is much, much different, than Richard playing rhythm guitar in the shadows on her tour. Respected musicians (ie: stars, legends) are asked to do the first, cause he is who he is; while the second one is a simple job that needs to be done. Fortus is a prolific and a universal session player, but faceless and has no personality. It's not against him. Appearantly that's why he gets all these good jobs from N'Sync to Axl's GN'R.

Re: Rihanna confirms that Slash will guest on “Rated R”

Meh, I've run out of my serious juice.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB