You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Yeah but he was on a plane and was heading there Bono.  19  So technically was not Axl's fault apparently.  tongue

Oh yeah I know. I'll bet he was roll.  Just another ridiculously lame excuse that was so obviously FAKE yet so many nutswingers took it as the word of god himself.  neutral Never in my life have I heard of such a thing. The performer in question wasn't even in the country he was performing in as the doors to the venue were supposed to open and people actually bought that excuse that he was on his way 16  I guess to look on the positive side of things I have been part of an official Gn'R riot because of it.  Actually got sprayed with beer when the first can thrown started the riot 22

Yeah, it's never Axl's fault.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

this time i'm on the floor...i plan on getting as close as humanly possible 9

by the looks of things you should have no problem getting to the front..

saying that, i'm looking forward to the tour as well.. though if they hit europe it'll be next year, summer at the earliest. but the possibility that Guns will be around somehow makes my job bearable. if i didn't have that to save money for, i'd probably quit... so in a way i kinda want the asian and canadian tour dates to be cancelled and Guns to just go away... so i can go away too and spend my money on videogames and sit in my room and not have to do this shitty job with these idiot people.

ahem. sorry about that. sorry for me.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Yeah but he was on a plane and was heading there Bono.  19  So technically was not Axl's fault apparently.  tongue

Oh yeah I know. I'll bet he was roll.  Just another ridiculously lame excuse that was so obviously FAKE yet so many nutswingers took it as the word of god himself.  neutral Never in my life have I heard of such a thing. The performer in question wasn't even in the country he was performing in as the doors to the venue were supposed to open and people actually bought that excuse that he was on his way 16

The backing band was in the country the day before, so I don't see why he wouldn't have been on his way.

However, the amazing thing is that, given the times the GNR reps gave for Axl's flight times, he would've been leaving for British Columbia at the last humanly possible minute to begin with.

This is something I find funny for some people to comprehend. Even if he would've been there with a flight more or less on schedule, I seriously doubt he would've jumped on stage the minute he would've arrived to the arena, even moreso after a nearly three-hour flight!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

To be honest I dont think anyone bought that excuse. Nor have people forgot that the tour was pulled after yet another major riot, and Guns N Roses have yet to even acknowledge it.
But anyway, why dwell on it. 2006/07 tour went well and now the albums out with another world tour lined up and another album that should be ready to drop next year imo.

Cheer up big_smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

2006/07 tour went well

True.

Olorin wrote:

now the albums out

True.

Olorin wrote:

another world tour lined up

True.

Olorin wrote:

another album that should be ready to drop next year imo.

Don't push it.

Olorin wrote:

Cheer up big_smile

If the tour starts going well, with positive reports and nice concert videos popping up, there's a reason to feel good about GNR.

So far, they've made it a bit difficult to even anticipate a tour. While not trying to be negative about the fact that they are touring in the first place, I would've been more excited on the get-go if it'd be November 2008 as we speak.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
copperye wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Don't push it.

i gotta agree...at the speed that the monumental promotion campaign is unfolding i dont think that we should wish for anything beyong this tour beginning

but until i see a reason to be skeptical i'm gonna remain on the positive side smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure if this has been posted yet.  I think I remember seeing it, but I forget where.  Considering the setlist complaints that always occur, and will no doubt continue once the tour gets rolling.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9423

AC/DC Fans Are Revolting
by Paul Cashmere - November 6 2009

AC/DC fans have issued a formal complaint to the band via the fan site acdcfans.net.

The die-hard fans want one simple change to the AC/DC show – the setlist.

The Black Ice tour has featured the same songs in the same order since the start of the tour. For those of you who see one show, that is not a problem. But AC/DC has an element of core fans who travel from town to town to see the band and are now demanding more bang for their buck.

Here’s what was posted at acdcfans.net:

Dear Malcolm, Angus, Cliff, Phil and Brian

acdcfans.net represents an extremely vocal group of your most loyal fans. Just a handful of us have collectively attended more than 157 of your concerts (and counting) since 1978 and estimate we've contributed more than USD$84,000 (and counting) to the AC/DC juggernaut. We are just the tip of the iceberg.

Now while those numbers may seem insignificant given your touring history and estimated wealth, for us the numbers represent a passionate investment of time and hard earned money in your music. We are AC/DC fans for life, and we wouldn't change that for the world.
However, there is something we'd like AC/DC to consider changing...

The setlist.

On the current Black Ice World Tour, during which some of us having travelled across Europe, the United States and flown between the two continents (with flights already booked to Australia to catch the Australian leg), we have listened to you play the same great songs each and every night. We absolutely appreciate every song you play, but we can't help but wonder if the band is getting a little bored of playing the same songs night after night.

Are you aware there are thousands of fans just like us who have spent months discussing the Black Ice World Tour setlist, every one of them hoping that the band will play something other than songs geared towards casual fans? - the sort of fans that put money in your pockets, but who don't have the same level of passion for your music as us. They may cheer at the concerts, they may go home happy... but they only came to hear Thunderstruck. They don't eat, sleep and shit AC/DC like we do.

As the greatest band on Earth, we think it is a travesty that you are not playing songs that are dear to yourselves and your long term loyal fans - the songs from albums that critics wrote off, but which we both know are some of the finest from your back catalogue.

So, we'd like you to consider changing the setlist. We won't be rude and say "play this" or "don't play that" - we'll leave it to you to decide - surprise us! ??Please give us, and the many thousands like us, some hard hittin', heavy rockin' tracks that we, the true long term fans of AC/DC, know and love.

Thank you for your time and your music.

Yours respectfully in rock

acdcfans.net

Here is the AC/DC setlist for Black Ice:

Rock n Roll Train (from Black Ice, 2008)
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be (from Let There Be Rock, 1977)
Back In Black (from Back In Black, 1980)
Big Jack (from Black Ice, 2008)
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (from Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, 1976)
Thunderstruck (from The Razors Edge, 1990)
Black Ice (from Black Ice, 2008)
The Jack (from TNT, 1975)
Hells Bells (from Back In Black, 1980)
Shoot to Thrill (from Back In Black, 1980)
War Machine (from Black Ice, 2008)
Anything Goes (from Black Ice, 2008)
You Shook Me All Night Long (from Back In Black, 1980)
TNT (from TNT, 1975)
Whole Lotta Rosie (from Let There Be Rock, 1977)
Let There Be Rock (from Let There Be Rock, 1977)

Highway To Hell (from Highway To Hell, 1979)
For Those About To Rock (From For Those About To Rock, 1981)

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I predict the board will the furious once the tour starts. A massive chunk of AFD songs and a few Chinese songs. I will sincerely apologize if it turns out not to be true.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:
copperye wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Don't push it.

i gotta agree...at the speed that the monumental promotion campaign is unfolding i dont think that we should wish for anything beyong this tour beginning

but until i see a reason to be skeptical i'm gonna remain on the positive side smile

I have just as much chance to be the next Pope that there is chances of Axl dropping an album this year, next year or in 2 years for that matter.  And I ain't no priest.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer