You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

emcitymisfit wrote:

All I know is that "The future needs a big kiss" is the single lamest line of any song ever recorded, narrowly beating all of My World.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my world lyrics are pretty cool imo

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

now i have myworld stuck in my head you bastard

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All i've got is past experience, and absolute factual history.

If you choose to have a revisionist history and write it the way you WANT it to be... that's your choice.

Axlin: "Hey Faldor, that wife of your's. I used to be married to her. She cheated on me 8 times. She will cheat on you."

Faldor: "She cheated on me twice, but said she'll never do it again"

Axlin: "She will man. Trust me. That's why I divorced her"

Faldor: "I choose to remain positive she won't do it a third time. It's DIFFERENT this time"

Axlin: "Okay man..." roll

These analogies are just crazy Axlin.

However, I must say I have made the reference that sometimes I feel like a battered girlfriend being a fan of this band.

BUT, these things MAY have more of an impact if they personally affected me.  I've gotten to see Guns twice over the last 7 years, and both shows were fantastic!  I got an album, that is fantastic, regardless of how long it took.  The only time any cancellation affected me was in 2002.  I had planned to see Guns in Vegas that year since I was going to be out there the same time they were playing.  But the tour got pulled before I bought tickets.  So it didn't cost me anything, except for money lost gambling instead of the money I would've spent on/at a GNR show.

Axlin, I'm sorry I can't be as negative as you.  I just can't do it.  You have plenty of company on the negative spin train though so don't you worry.  And I suggest you stop trying to recruit me, because I won't be coming aboard anytime soon.

Have a good one!

Join me or DIE

darthsidious.jpg

j/k

I hear you. I just can't be as positive as you. Despite everything I say... I do envy you. I wish I could be as enthusiastic as you. I really do.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you can't compare GNR/CD to U2/it's last release or any other band because they do not operate like any other band and......

1- gnr, in it's well known form, disbanded
2- until cd release, gnr hadn't done anything since they broke up, people forgot about them

3-they did nothing to reverse these effects like promoting the new members
and even cd was promoted it may have been too late.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

3-they did nothing to reverse these effects like promoting the new members

Yeah i've long been an advocate of an article in a magazine like guitar world or somthign talkign about Bumble, DJ, Richard and Tommy...even include pitman's Bass Guitar Contributions and have a side bar about Tobias, BH and Robin (and any ther guitarist involved in the process) i cant believe that that didnt happen hmm

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

All I know is that "The future needs a big kiss" is the single lamest line of any song ever recorded, narrowly beating all of My World.

I don't know.  "You wanna antagonize me? Antagonize me motherfucker, get in the ring motherfucker and I'll kick your bitchy little ass"  is pretty damn lame. In fact the entire verse is right up there with the worst lyrics of all time. 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It was pretty cool when I was 17.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It was pretty cool when I was 17.

Really? Even back when the album came out I was 14 and when I  heard that song  I thought it was dumb. I always liked the music and the first part of the song but then Axl's rant ruined it completely for me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I was rebellious between 16 and sadly probably 22.  Anything that said a giant Fuck You to anybody was cool in my book at the time.  Now I listen to the instrumental version.

Board footer