You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Intercourse wrote:

Re: VIP Packages

This will never work because there is only ONE VIP in the band and my guess is that he will not want to meet ANYBODY 14

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Oh fuck, I just scored Motley Crue w/Joe Perry Project tickets for the week after GNR comes to Regina! Talk about a crazy week that will be...

And for the record, floor tickets are now again available at the Regina show. Hmmm...

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Well I gotta say it. I expect that GNR aren't planning on selling out any shows until the first night of the tour. With Azoff at the helm (if he still is ) and the addition of DJ ashba Im guessing the First show of the Canadian tour is going to get HUGE coverage in the Rock Press. Expect a Rolling Stone Review of the show casting GNR as conquering heros. And at that point the rest of the dates will begin to sell out. If they come my way Ill be going. But theres no way Im making a 10 hour trans atlantic flight to see anyone

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Brett wrote:

Oh fuck, I just scored Motley Crue w/Joe Perry Project tickets for the week after GNR comes to Regina! Talk about a crazy week that will be...

And for the record, floor tickets are now again available at the Regina show. Hmmm...

'grats on that by the way. Perry opening for crue huh? That should be enough of a shock to get him on the blower to Steve again... damn I really was hoping Aerosmith would be around for my kids for at least a few years sad

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not sure if James and Bono still feel the same way, but the article was simply stating that tickets for GNR were selling better than Lady Gaga in Korea.  That's not exactly "breaking records all around the world".  Sorry if I misled anyone into believing that, wasn't my intention. 

They're selling really well in Korea apparently.  Canada obviously seems to be a different story.  As madagas said, they haven't played Korea in years so that's to be expected.  IF the South American rumored dates happen I'd expect those to sell real well too, since it's been awhile for them as well.

Not trying to rain on parades, but this agency comparing them to an artist who has difficulty moving tickets anywhere is not a good example to use when proclaiming records broken and its not fair to GNR either.

Its the equivalent of some U.S. agency saying Bruce Springsteen broke U.S. records by selling more tickets than GNR did in 2002. No shit Sherlock, but you forgot to mention U2, The Stones, McCartney, AC/DC and God knows who else wiping the floor with the Boss.

Like Bono said, this isn't even the band's fault. Its just this agency trying to create more interest.

Oh I agree, it's "spin" at its best.  Say tickets are selling better than one of the hottest pop acts in the world right now.  Sounds great on paper.  But, as you pointed out, Lady Gaga despite being hugely popular isn't exactly a touring superstar.  Not yet at least.  And as madagas said, GNR hasn't played Seoul in a long time, if ever, so obviously sales are going to be good.  But they are good, which answers the question how are the shows selling this time around.  At least in the case of the show in Seoul.

Right?  Good.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Holy shit, Airbourne will be opening for Motley Crue along with Joe Perry Project. So... why the hell didn't Guns get them instead of Danko Jones? Maybe they wanted Canadian flavor. That's kind of weird considering a few people here picked Airbourne as a band they'd love to open for GNR.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Who wants to create a poll on which show will be the first one cancelled?

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
Brett wrote:

Holy shit, Airbourne will be opening for Motley Crue along with Joe Perry Project. So... why the hell didn't Guns get them instead of Danko Jones? Maybe they wanted Canadian flavor. That's kind of weird considering a few people here picked Airbourne as a band they'd love to open for GNR.

Because Airbourne are awful? Poor mans Ad/Dc rip off

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Whilst your pessimism does irk me sometimes, credit given where credits due. This made me laugh. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hard to tell which one goes first. Ticket sales are equally slow for all shows...

Board footer