You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Neemo wrote:

source? we have no idea how fast or slow sales are

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Brett wrote:

Holy shit, Airbourne will be opening for Motley Crue along with Joe Perry Project. So... why the hell didn't Guns get them instead of Danko Jones? Maybe they wanted Canadian flavor. That's kind of weird considering a few people here picked Airbourne as a band they'd love to open for GNR.

Because Airbourne are awful? Poor mans Ad/Dc rip off

I'll pass on whatever it is you're smoking.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Brett wrote:

Holy shit, Airbourne will be opening for Motley Crue along with Joe Perry Project. So... why the hell didn't Guns get them instead of Danko Jones? Maybe they wanted Canadian flavor. That's kind of weird considering a few people here picked Airbourne as a band they'd love to open for GNR.

16  Uh huh. And Gn'R are above getting lame rip off bands so they instead get the same opening act on back to back tours. A band who will basically do Skid Row cover songs. I totally see why Gn'R would avoid a new modern rock band like Airborne.  roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Yeah but Airbourne put more asses in seats that Bach.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah i really doubt that a choice of an opening act would sell more tickets

most people i know consider the opening bands to be nothing more than bonus entertainment (or more drinking time at home)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Brett wrote:

16  Uh huh. And Gn'R are above getting lame rip off bands so they instead get the same opening act on back to back tours. A band who will basically do Skid Row cover songs. I totally see why Gn'R would avoid a new modern rock band like Airborne.  roll

As opposed to the cover band that's headlining the show. 16

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

As far as I can tell, not a single show in Asia or Canada is sold out yet.

If I remember correctly, several of the 2006 dates sold out on Day 1.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah its definately bizarre...high ticket prices, lack of promo, time of year and the general state of the economy i'm sure are all playing a part

Board footer