You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Neemo wrote:

scraped is awesome you guys are smokin some serious crack

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Scraped kickes ass...and the idea of it live is getting me pumped!

I think TIL and NR could be truely epic and emotional together...like if Ashba and bumble can capture the right mood, and if Axl is having a good night...it could be incredible.

I wish i could go to these shows!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I like Scraped, prefer it to Rhiad anyway and think it could sound really good live. Not sure about that intro though.

CD and Jungle are both great openers to a show, it makes sense to have CD as the opener on this tour so for me Jungle has to be the encore opener. Much more impact when it kicks in as an opener.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

That's a fantastic setlist - leading with Chinese Democracy, woo! How the hell is Axl going to do the Scraped intro live, though?

My guess is that they're gonna skip the intro vocals.

smile

I hope they give it a go! I think the whole point of having Scraped as the first songis due to the insaneness of the intro

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

rumored setlist from htgth 14

1.  Chinese Democracy         
2.  Scraped
3.  Welcome To The Jungle
4.  It's So Easy
5.  Mr. Brownstone
6.  There Was A Time
~ Richard Fotus solo ~
7.  Live And Let Die
8.  Sorry
9.  If The World/Prostitute   
10. Rocket Queen/My Michelle 
~ Dizzy Fuckin' Reed solo ~
11. Street Of Dreams
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
13. You Could Be Mine
14. I.R.S.
~ DJ Ashba solo ~
15. Sweet Child O'Mine
16. This I Love
17. November Rain
~ Bemblefoot solo ~           
18. Shackeler's Revenge
19. Outta Get Me         
20. Nightrain

Encores:
1.  Better
2.  Patience                   
3.  Paradise City

Too much Appetite
Too little Illusion
Just right Chinese

Disagree.

GNR have never played Taiwan before and there's gonna be some songs they want to hear.

Hell if I went to see GNR I'd want to see:

Jungle
Easy
Brownstone
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child
Nightrain
Paradise City

And for a country GNR have never visited before I'd expect them to want to hear a lot of material off of GN'R's biggest selling album.

Ideally a perfect set would be three or four songs longer and maybe have a little more UYI tracks but that's pretty unlikely.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't disagree, and maybe they'll shake it up come Canada, if what DJ said is true, and even Axl said he'd be open to Civil War & Estranged.

Out Ta Get Me & My Michelle are sitting on a setlist when an Illusion track could be in it's place.

I also don't buy that Sweet Child, This I Love & November Rain will all be played back to back. Too much sap at once. Three back-to-back-to-back ballads? I just don't buy that's gonna happen.

That encore also is missing 'epic'. Patience in that spot is a bit odd. To me it'd i'd have Better somewhere in the main set, move Shackler's or Jungle to open the encore, then throw Estranged in there before PC, or maybe There Was A Time. TWAT being played that early in set is a bit of a surprise I will say.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Shackler's opening the encore is a kick ass idea. Twat that early was also a surprise, but I just want to make sure its in the set when I see them live.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

We act like this setlist rumour would be true. It seems likely, although too long for a usual GN'R show. On the other hand I could write a similar one, based on logic and wish. We all know none of those works in GN'R (Axl Rose) land. But please don't complain about a rumoured setlist before they play a show.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

...for me Jungle has to be the encore opener. Much more impact when it kicks in as an opener.

Remember, though, we don't have Robin doing that "teasing" intro anymore...

Board footer