You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

elevendayempire wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

...for me Jungle has to be the encore opener. Much more impact when it kicks in as an opener.

Remember, though, we don't have Robin doing that "teasing" intro anymore...

Good point, probably shouldn't bother playing Jungle anymore actually, it'll never be the same without Robins 'teasing' intro sad

wink

johndivney wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

That's a fantastic setlist - leading with Chinese Democracy, woo! How the hell is Axl going to do the Scraped intro live, though?

My guess is that they're gonna skip the intro vocals.

smile

I hope they give it a go! I think the whole point of having Scraped as the first songis due to the insaneness of the intro

i think they'll split 'tween axl vs. tommy+diz+fortus exchanging the kate bush/hounds of love intro, though axl's gonna be fucked after CD's climax...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That encore also is missing 'epic'. Patience in that spot is a bit odd. To me it'd i'd have Better somewhere in the main set, move Shackler's or Jungle to open the encore, then throw Estranged in there before PC, or maybe There Was A Time. TWAT being played that early in set is a bit of a surprise I will say.

paradise city is epic.
better kicks major ass.
patience softens it up nicely in the middle.
as much as i hate patience live i acutally think this encore should work if it is true.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Doesn't Axl intentionally place songs that "mellow" things out, and cause the show to lose momentum after the Donnington incident?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

We act like this setlist rumour would be true. It seems likely, although too long for a usual GN'R show. On the other hand I could write a similar one, based on logic and wish. We all know none of those works in GN'R (Axl Rose) land. But please don't complain about a rumoured setlist before they play a show.

Some of these songs might be interchangable for the tour, not the exact setlist of the shows. It might be jut the list of songs that will be played.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not sure if its designed that way, but you could view SC, TIL and NR as parts of one really long love story.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's just too much at once imo. All of them are very POWERFUL songs.

I think you're actually hurting their potency by putting them together, especially This I Love & November Rain. Those songs are practically brothers, it's a sap OD.

war

war wrote:

but all the chicks will love it

war

war wrote:

and that's when ill make my move

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Right on brother, right on! 22

Board footer