You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

faldor wrote:

Metallica played in larger stadiums, so GNR actually sold a higher % of tickets, in case anyone is keeping score at home.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Metallica played in larger stadiums, so GNR actually sold a higher % of tickets, in case anyone is keeping score at home.

Really?  So how many more would they have sold in a larger stadium?

Nobody is ragging on their sales...no need to make up crazy shit to defend them.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Nobody is ragging on their sales...no need to make up crazy shit to defend them.

I'm not making anything up.  Just stating the facts buzzsaw.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

So if they played a bigger stadium, more people would have showed up even though there were plenty of seats available at the smaller stadium?  Come on.  Nobody is knocking the sales, so there is no need to try to make them look better than they are.  The sales are fine for a band touring a foreign country over a year after releasing an album.  Let that be enough instead of grasping for straws.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So if they played a bigger stadium, more people would have showed up even though there were plenty of seats available at the smaller stadium?  Come on.  Nobody is knocking the sales, so there is no need to try to make them look better than they are.  The sales are fine for a band touring a foreign country over a year after releasing an album.  Let that be enough instead of grasping for straws.

I'm not grasping at straws buzzsaw.  Stop trying to make this into more than it is.  I did some simple math and posted it.  Do I know if they would've sold a single extra ticket if they played the same places Metallica did?  NO!  I'm sorry you're so offended by my post.  Please don't let it get to you.  Both bands have had quite successful tours across South America.  Those fans are crazy for concerts though.  I think I even saw A-Ha on the list doing well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

mathematical breakdown "by the numbers"

METALLICA - 3 shows - $10,070,110 - 107,937 sold (avg $94.08/ticket) / 151,800 capacity (71.10% full) (avg 56,000 seat venue)

GUNS N' ROSES - 5 shows - $8,483,424 - 110,327 sold (avg $76.89/ticket) / 125,785 capacity (87.71% full) (avg 25,157 seat venue)

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

at the same time though gnr hit a broader set of shows @ a cheaper price...if forced to choose some people maybe chosen to stay closer to home and spend less on travel and admission in these economic times

also playing twice in the same venue (like metallica did, sometimes peopel dont hit both shows ya know?) thats a higher risk that metallica made but gnr didnt

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

METALLICA - 3 shows - $10,070,110 - 107,937 sold (avg $94.08/ticket) / 151,800 capacity (71.10% full) (avg 56,000 seat venue)

GUNS N' ROSES - 5 shows - $8,483,424 - 110,327 sold (avg $76.89/ticket) / 125,785 capacity (87.71% full) (avg 25,157 seat venue)

In other words, Metallica is number one and GNR is number two. I gotta agree with Buzzsaw on this. The band is on a successful tour, why try and inflate it?

U2 must be on vacation....

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

at the end of the day...yeah metallica brought in more coin 16

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

In other words, Metallica is number one and GNR is number two. I gotta agree with Buzzsaw on this. The band is on a successful tour, why try and inflate it?

U2 must be on vacation....

Again, I'm not trying to inflate anything.  If you want to read into it that's what I'm doing, fine.  But I'm not.  I simply did the same math Neemo did and posted about it.  I'm not boasting or saying GNR is better than Metallica because of it.  I added the comment "in case you're keeping score at home".  It was a light hearted comment.  I know it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.  But it's just something I noticed.  To be fair, I did the same thing when they were on the list with Motley Crue for their Canadian tour and Motley had a higher % of tickets sold back then.  I'm just staying consistent.  If you don't like the numbers, fine.  But don't jump down my throat telling me to stop inflating the numbers when that wasn't my intention.

Board footer