You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

And don't be fooled here my friend.  Nostalgia is what Axl is trying to sell us here.

One would think they would mainly be playing Chinese Democracy songs. But then again, the album pretty much flopped so perhaps they figure the audience won't want to hear those songs...which of course means an old GN'R nostalgia-fest like you said.

Well we'll have to wait and see to know for sure but I think it is a safe bet we'll get a rerun from 06 especially since he's bringing the same opening act.  So me playing the ostrich game is not an option here.  So I'll tell Axl thanks BUT no thanks.

Alot of people already have. Look at those really weak ticket sales.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It'll be AFD Part III.

Bank it.

It's pretty much the only thing that sells. 16

And I don't get it.  Cause it's still a tribute band.  And I kid you not.  When I went to Metallica last week.  The guy behind me.  We talked a bit and he said he bought a GNR ticket cause he wanted to see Buckethead.  So his only other major selling point is gone as well.  When I told him that Bucket has left since 04.  The guy said "well fuck this!  I'm either selling my ticket or giving it to someone else as a gift."  Pretty sad actually.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

And don't be fooled here my friend.  Nostalgia is what Axl is trying to sell us here.

One would think they would mainly be playing Chinese Democracy songs. But then again, the album pretty much flopped so perhaps they figure the audience won't want to hear those songs...which of course means an old GN'R nostalgia-fest like you said.

Well we'll have to wait and see to know for sure but I think it is a safe bet we'll get a rerun from 06 especially since he's bringing the same opening act.  So me playing the ostrich game is not an option here.  So I'll tell Axl thanks BUT no thanks.

I don't blame ya. They didn't come to Texas last time so I had no option anyway. I doubt they'll come this time either, and if they do, it'll probably be in Houston or Dallas. Dallas is 5 hours away and Houston is 9 hours away from me. So yeah, pretty much not worth it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I don't blame ya. They didn't come to Texas last time so I had no option anyway. I doubt they'll come this time either, and if they do, it'll probably be in Houston or Dallas. Dallas is 5 hours away and Houston is 9 hours away from me. So yeah, pretty much not worth it.

I can understand and respect that some are excited about this.  And I'm happy for Neemo that he's going and I hope he and all the other fans will have a helluja time.  But to me it's deja vu.  The best example I can give is this.  One of my favorite sitcoms of all time is Seinfeld.  And when Thursday nights came I was excited to see a new episode.  When it went in syndication it was fun at the beginning because I got to watch reruns of classic comedy.  But now if I see a Seinfeld rerun I just yawn and change the channel.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

doesnt really matter though, i like most gnr songs so whatever...maybe i'm stuck in the 80's-90's? probably....alot of people tell me that anyway 16

if  they are touring it doesnt matter to me what they play, i gave up on setlist bitching in 2006, they'll play what they play...i'd like to see them do a bunch of CD tunes but if they dont so be it, i won't be upset about it...there is no way they will play all the tunes i'd like to see them play anyway

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Whilst I wouldn't be surprised if these shows were AFD jerk-off sessions there actually hasn't been much to suggest this. In fact all of the ads so far have CD songs in them and not just the usual CD, Better, IRS, SOD but also Riad in one of them. I think there could be a possibility of a more interesting set as well as DJ saying they have prepared 40 songs.

Again I'm not saying it won't be an AFD jerk-off but should be so dismissive of the possibility that it might actually be a bit better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Whilst I wouldn't be surprised if these shows were AFD jerk-off sessions there actually hasn't been much to suggest this. In fact all of the ads so far have CD songs in them and not just the usual CD, Better, IRS, SOD but also Riad in one of them. I think there could be a possibility of a more interesting set as well as DJ saying they have prepared 40 songs.

Again I'm not saying it won't be an AFD jerk-off but should be so dismissive of the possibility that it might actually be a bit better.

People are just expecting the absolute worst, as usual (and I can't say I blame them completely.  It just seems tiring at times).  Just like people swore the album would never come out until it actually showed up in stores.  How the band wouldn't tour ever again, and some may still believe that.  So now, it's "we'll get the same show AGAIN!"

I certainly don't expect them to abanodon AFD, but I would think they'd play more CD songs now that the album is actually out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:

People are just expecting the absolute worst, as usual (and I can't say I blame them completely.  It just seems tiring at times).  Just like people swore the album would never come out until it actually showed up in stores.  How the band wouldn't tour ever again, and some may still believe that.  So now, it's "we'll get the same show AGAIN!"

I certainly don't expect them to abanodon AFD, but I would think they'd play more CD songs now that the album is actually out.

I agree with you here, the comments from Axl online suggest there will be more emphasis on CD now that the albums out in terms of songs played live. I can understand people being sceptical but to say you won't buy a ticket because the tour will be another AFD tribute tour before a single notes been played is a bit OTT. At least wait to see what the setlists and reviews coming out of Asia are before making such statements.

russtcb wrote:

I just don't get why people still look at what they claim to hate so much.

You aren't the only one.

But even if certain individuals loved it to death they wouldn't have the guts to admit it.

Well, keep on fucking off in G...

Board footer