You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Steven Tyler Quits Aerosmith

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I had the luck of seeing them close to 20 times

Lucky bastard! 19   Aerosmith is one of those few bands I love but haven't seen them live. I hope I'll get the chance...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I've seen them 4 times I believe.  Always a good show.  Sad to see how things have turned so ugly. 

Who finds a lead singer first, Aerosmith or Velvet Revolver?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I saw them twice at Alpine Valley in WI.  Once on the Pump tour and the other time it was for Just Push Play I think.  Both shows I saw were pretty good.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

This is depressing. My 2nd favourite band of all time gone

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Who finds a lead singer first, Aerosmith or Velvet Revolver?

The Beatles will hire two scab replacements before VR find a new singer.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don't really get why Steven Tyler would try to re-brand himself or even try to go solo this late in his career. Maybe he was jealous because Joe just put out another album of his own.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't really get why Steven Tyler would try to re-brand himself or even try to go solo this late in his career. Maybe he was jealous because Joe just put out another album of his own.

**BING** Sounds about right I'd say

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I had the luck of seeing them close to 20 times

Lucky bastard! 19   Aerosmith is one of those few bands I love but haven't seen them live. I hope I'll get the chance...

Yeah. For whatever reason, they hit Detroit like crazy through the 90s. I don't know if it was like that everywhere else, but from the Get A Grip Tour on, we got them 3 - 5 times per tour.

If you were of concert going age in the 90's and you wanted to see Aerosmith or Metallica, but didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  They were the complete road dog bands of that era, pretty much always out.

I actually saw them again earlier this year for the first time in close to a decade, and it was a hell of a show.  An almost all 70's set.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah. For whatever reason, they hit Detroit like crazy through the 90s. I don't know if it was like that everywhere else, but from the Get A Grip Tour on, we got them 3 - 5 times per tour.

If you were of concert going age in the 90's and you wanted to see Aerosmith or Metallica, but didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  They were the complete road dog bands of that era, pretty much always out.

I actually saw them again earlier this year for the first time in close to a decade, and it was a hell of a show.  An almost all 70's set.

I was pre pubescent in the 90s. sad I would have seen them given a chance

Board footer