You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

Scabbie wrote:

I'm just as interested to see if they add some more UYI songs as much as the CD songs we haven't heard

I'm also guessing they will play 'if the world' as it was on that set list that got uploaded to the gnr website on the last tour.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah the vocals are insanly high!

Fucking amazing song though, I loved the spain version....i'd love to see it done more often.

Yeah, it's one of their best new songs. Pity Axl didn't think to leave any breathing spaces in the vocal line. smile

I want to hear the band doing Civil War and TWAT live. And maybe If The World.

johndivney wrote:

yea TWAT is amazing, and surely amazingly difficult live.
i still think it'll be in the set. maybe before or after a solo spot by one of the guitarists is the best chance for axl. to be honest, a lot of the old & nu gnr tunes oughta leave a 40+ yr old breathless so i am concerned about axls vocals, but if he's a man of his word he oughta be in peak condition.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the high note in irs is much mroe difficilt to hit then anything in ITW

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:

gotcha - although i didn't address the 'street of dreams part becuase he does hit all the notes as far as i've seen, live and bootlegs.

what and when did he alter for that song?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Prostitute will be a bitch to sing live....

war

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

gotcha - although i didn't address the 'street of dreams part becuase he does hit all the notes as far as i've seen, live and bootlegs.

what and when did he alter for that song?

The last "only memories" he always sings lower than the album. He's only done it as high as the album twice as far as I know; once here in Detroit in 02 and once in Hong Kong (I think?) in 02. But he never sang that one part as high as the album ever other than those 2 shows.

It's convenient for me to say this because there is no way for me to be proven wrong but I honestly believe he's been singing it that way live because that's the way it was written and that's the way he prefers it to be and it got changed at a later date in the studio when working on the album. To me, the lower/Live example sounds more like Axl Rose and it sounds better IMO. Not saying he could hit that note live every night because I don't think he could.

Board footer