You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

TSI wrote:

I was at one of their rehearsal's a few weeks ago and then todays was the full production run at a arena here in LA. I have to say, these guys got it together! All three guitar players are just monsters who each stand on their own as players, and then play really well as a unit. What's also cool is the fact that they are all quite humble and good people. For any skeptics, I can assure you that they treat the early hit's with respect by keeping the parts true to the record, yet with their own vibe and flare.

On to the fun stuff....

Richard Fortus is using his Jose Marshall ('73 I think) paired with a Friedman Marsha as well as Friedman modded Randall Modules...powered with a Randall RT-2 poweramp. He has a few pedals incorporated and all of the above is racked and switched via a custom system built by Dave. He is using two iso cabs with Golds and G12H's. He has a load of cool guitars including a Chet A. Gretsch, 335, tele's, and LP's.

DJ Ashba is their newest guitarist and sounds amazing as well. He also nails the 'classic' GNR tones via another Marsha paired with a Boogie Dual Rect. The Boogie feeds a 4x12 with Golds while the Marsha is using V30's. He plays a variety of LP's. He's also quite a talented businessman as his graphics company did a lot of artwork for the Virgin Mega stores and another one of his clients is Ovation (plus many others). Not bad for a rock star!

Many here know Bumblefoot and his playing famously sick! He relies on his Engl heads through Marshall 4x12 (may be using and iso but I did not have a tour of his set up. Guitar wise he sticks with is Vigier's....both standards as well as his double neck with the fretless.

They all share lead duties and then rhythm wise, Richard covers the "Izzy" vibe with his various guitars. DJ nails the Slash vibe, and Bumblefoot sits between them.

The rest of them are very solid as well.

They are off to Asia for a few dates and then Canada. I'm not sure what the plans are for the USA but I'm something will happen. I just thought I'd share because I'm a big Guns fan and was really stoked to hear just how well they nailed the early catalog....and then of course they smoked on the stuff from Chinese D. Check'em out if you can! It's past 3am and I'm just home from my own gig, so pardon any grammer errors on my part!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth … p?t=628969

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good news obviously. 9 Too bad Trent Reznor isn't in the band because I'd love to see DVD quality footage of this. 9

A cool story about Ron that someone posted there...

There was no You Tube, Internet, CD's.......Nothing. TAB was scarce. People everywhere where still trying to figure out EVH Eruption. Ronny could literally play it backwards and forwards because it was so simple for him. Learning Van Halens New Album on the date of its release note for note was too easy for him. It was like Telling Evil Knevil To Jump the curb. He would do these whacky things not to show off but to push himself. He was really a driven guy. All of the teachers in the area would send him back to his mom with an apology note........nothing I can teach this Young Man. He always had a really great sense of Humor too. In Hebrew School he could do voices and throw his and really piss off the teachers. You had to be there to see it but he was a funny Bastid! And his Brother Jeff was a sick sick drummer. They would do RUSH tribute shows Note for note as well. I wonder what happened to his Brother.......Then Ronnie Started doing all that crazy Bee inspired Bumblefoot stuff. It really fit his personality to a tee. But I knew he was better then that. He just needed to get his Foot in the door. I really think great things are head for him. This G&R gig is just the begining.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

Damn JL --You beat me to it !
that was going to be my next dazzling topic!

good news travels fast!!cheers-

http://twitpic.com/pez7p     22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff...doesnt sound like axl was there though

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool stuff...doesnt sound like axl was there though

well that is a given.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Did Del write that?

I think the posts that follow are very telling of how the rest of the world sees this band btw.  No agendas there, just guitar fans.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Reading some of the replies in that thread was interesting, gives you some perspective of what people outside of the hardcore fan base think.  Interestingly it's not too different from the mixture of opinions from the hardcore GNR fanbase:

It's a glorified cover band in my opinion

Agreed, it seems to me a bit like if Paul McCartney went on tour with three session players and called it The Beatles.

Guns N Roses are still together? I thought they were currently residing in the "where are they now?" file.

Is Axl the only original member?

A couple of those comments highlight the lack of promo and press coming from this band.  How is it that some people that are posting on a music forum like that don't even know about Nu GNR & CD etc??

At the same time there are some good comments from people who have actually heard the album.  Perhaps if more people knew it existed (i.e. through promo etc) then there would be more comments like these:

If it turns out to be good music, cool. Why get hung up on the name.

Real or not, I liked the last GnR album and will try to catch them when they play here.
I give Axl props for not trying to remake AFD.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That story has me fired up for this tour. I want to see DJ and Bumble play together SOOO bad!!!!

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

this is great news...i'd kill for a video from these rehearsals...

Board footer